20

Thanks for all the reads and support it means so much to me. Reached over 9k 💕 here's a little thank you...the next chapter -  all 2100 words of it, its a big one so enjoy.

Emma x

despite everything that tells me not to I trust you Nicklaus

I know little one and for that I am grateful

20th June 2010
The road seemed endlessly long but Grace didn't really care - the further they went meant the further they were away from that town. The more distance between her and precious Elena the better - she could only dread the revenge the copycat was day dreaming up now that the knockoff boyfriend was back up on his feet and original boyfriend was off gallivanting with the original vampire.

She was entirely indifferent as to their end destination but the longer they spent on the road the more intriguing she found it.

When they pulled up at some lonely gas station Stefan stalked off the the shop, probably snacking on the attendant so she stood with Nik as he filled the tank.

"So, where are we going?"

"I seem to remember your only prerogative was to get out of that town little one."

"Yes but I do wonder where you are talking us."

"Do you not trust me to keep you safe, love?"

"Of course I trust you but I'm allowed to be curious Nik."

"I know, of course you are."

"Well then." She said, motioning with her hands for him to continue.

"I said you are allowed to be curious I never said I had to satisfy that curiosity."

"I can see why you enjoy compulsion so much."  She said comically slapping the door panel of the truck.

"Ah but love there are so many more interesting ways to get information out of people." Having filled the gas tank he returned the hose to its holder and turned his attention to the wide eyed brunette to his left.

"Like what?" She said coyly, her eyes sliding to the ground as she swayed in her feet.

"Well," Nik stepped forward, placing a finger under her chin and lifting her eyes to his. His finger slid down the side of her neck before his hand gently pressed to her throat pushing her back to the car leaving her gasping. "You can take information by force." His finger continued tracing her skin, running over her collar bone and across her shoulder, her eyes fluttering at the action. "Through seduction or fear." At that his eyes darkened and the veins beneath his eyes bulged.

She simply smiled, this time tracing her finger over his skin, following the veins as she had first down so long ago when he introduced her to this wonderfully bizarre world of the supernatural. "I'm not afraid of you Nik."

"Then I still have a lot to teach you about life and much more to tell you about what has happened in mine."

"I don't care about you demons Nik they don't matter to me."

"Just because you refuse to acknowledge the darkness in me doesn't mean it doesn't exist Grace - the world isn't all rainbows and daisies."

"I don't think that it is Nik - I just chose to focus on the rainbow instead of the rain. I know your life has been tough and I know you've done some pretty despicable things but if I had been put in your situation I'm not sure I would have done much better."

"Of course you would have Grace, anyone would have."

"Well we'll never know because you will always have been and always will be the only one to live your life and that's why I'm not afraid of you. I know you - I know your heart Nicklaus Mikaelson and I am not scared of what I know."