Flashbacks: Part One

---Third person POV---

It was a normal day at the Agreste mansion. Nathalie doing her emails, Gabriel designing a new fashion line, and Adrien at school.

"Sir, may I take my break?" Nathalie adduced.

"Of course. Take your time." Gabriel remarked.

"Thank you, sir." But before Nathalie could even stand up, the doorbell rang. She sighed. "Yes?"

"Gabrikins!!! Get over here now!!" Audrey's voice shouted and echoed through the whole mansion.

"Mrs. Bourgeois?" Nathalie wondered. The style queen personally came over? Is it urgent?

"Sancoeur?? Ridiculous, utterly ridiculous! Let me in now! I need to talk to my Gabrikins!!!"

Gabriel overheard their conversation, and stood beside Nathalie, placing a hand on her shoulder. Nathalie's body stiffened for a second.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Bourgeois, but he's busy right now." Nathalie spoke through the little gadget.

"Busy? I physically came here, and you're going to tell me he's busy?? I need to talk to him RIGHT NOW. Do you understand, Sancoeur??" Audrey bargained.

"What do you want, Audrey?" Gabriel communicated

"Gabrikins!!! Finally you answered!! Let me in now. It's an emergency!!"

"Nathalie, is my schedule free?" he questioned.

Nathalie glanced at her tablet, and looked at his schedule. "Looks like it's free for today, Sir."

"Wonderful.. Let the devil in then."

"Yes, Sir." Nathalie pushed the button and the big iron gates opened. Audrey entered with her PA, Christopher.

"I'll get the door." Nathalie stood up from her desk and walked to the main door. Gabriel followed her. Before she could even open it, Christopher had already opened the door for Audrey.

"Ugh, finally Gabriel. What took you so long to answer?" She held out her hand expecting a kiss. Gabriel, as a 'gentleman' of course, kissed the top of her hand. He glanced over at Nathalie and Christopher.

"Christopher, mademoiselle." Christopher took Nathalie's hand, and placed a kiss on top of it. Nathalie immediately slipped her hand away from his grasp.

"N-Nathalie." she awkwardly introduced herself.

 Gabriel looked like he could kill this man, single handedly right here, right now.

"I was doing something, Audrey," he stated. "What brings you and HIM here? Who is he?"

"Christopher? He's my new PA. Hired him last week. Anyways, I'm here to discuss my 20th anniversary." Audrey uttered.

"And what am I supposed to do with that?" Gabriel mentioned.

"I need you to host the party next month, design the theme, and design a gift for me and Andre."

"I'm not a party planner, Audrey."

"I know. But you're good at designing. That's why I chose you."

"Fine, let's discuss this in my office." Gabriel uttered.

"I'll be going now, sir." Nathalie avowed.

"Of course." Gabriel replied.

"See you later mademoiselle~" Christopher chimed in.

"Uhh, okay?" Nathalie awkwardly replied.

Gabriel clenched his fists in anger. If it wasn't for Nathalie still there, Christopher would be dead by now. "Calm yourself Gabriel, calm yourself." he reminded himself.

Gabriel, Audrey, and Christopher went to his office to discuss Audrey and Andre's 20th wedding anniversary. Gabriel won't be that comfortable around Christopher, especially when he knows that he's trying to flirt with Nathalie.

Nathalie went to the kitchen to make her five minute break worth it. She made a cup of coffee, and leaned against the counter top. Duusu flew out of her hiding spot and started blabbering.

"Miss Nathalie, who was he?? Does he like you?? I won't let that happen!"

"Duusu, don't be paranoid. He's the assistant of Audrey Bourgeois. Plus, I don't like him."

"Good. Or else my Gabenath ship will sink." Duusu muttered quietly.

"What was that?" Nathalie questioned.

"Nothing."

"Hmm....You sure?"

"Yeah. I'm sure."

They spend that five minutes sipping coffee and talking. Nathalie checked her phone and looked at the time. 11:12am. Her five minute break is over.

"We'd better get going, Duusu. Come here." She gestured.

Nathalie walked back to the office, but before she could even open the door, she could hear Audrey yelling about something. When she opened the door, she instantly got pulled inside.

"What the-"

"Shhh. If you even make a sound, you'll instantly regret it."

She looked up to see who it was. It's Gabriel. He looks very stressed out. Then she looked around to see what's going on. Audrey is throwing papers and yelling at Christopher.

"What happened?? I was only gone for five minutes, and you can't even handle two adults??" she stated.

"Did you expect me to handle these two?? I can't even bear them. Even if there's only one." he acknowledged.

Nathalie sighed. How could this man be such a baby and a villain at the same time? Can't even manage to keep a peaceful and friendly environment. Pathetic.

Nathalie clapped her hands twice to get everyone's attention. "Okay, if the both of you," she pointed at Audrey and Christopher, "are going to fight, please kindly do so outside."

"How dare you interrupt me. You're fired!" Audrey yelled.

"Again Mrs Bourgeois, I don't work for you. So please kindly leave and come back if you're ready to discuss the party." Nathalie responded.

"Ugh you're-"

"Audrey." Gabriel's cold voice echoed.

"Fine!" Audrey fumed.

"There's a lounge just outside the office. You can wait there." Nathalie added.

"Hmph." Audrey ran out the door and slammed behind her.

"Thank you mademoiselle. I really-"

"Including you."

"Y-yes, ma’am." Christopher ran out the door as quickly as he could, terrified.

"Wow, Nathalie. I never knew you could be like that." Gabriel mentioned.

"That's how you handle stubborn people. And I get practice when dealing with other clients." Nathalie answered.

To be continued…

Word count: 974 

Editor’s note: It’s only short because I split chapter 3 in half. This is the second half, but I thought it’d be better in its own chapter. Also Audrey is such a big toddler. Seriously, how does Andre put up with her??? -Ellie

Author's note: I was not planning on posting it today, but Ellie convinced me to. So I'll have to work double time on writing the next chapters. Also, i posted this at almost 3am. -Zoe