Chapter Seventeen: Last Night

The three of them sat on a bench while eating their ice cream. Nathalie watched the two 'friends' laughing and telling jokes to each other. She smiled at how cute they are. That made her think about Gabriel. Does he really love her or is it just because of their child? Many thoughts ran through her head when someone placed a hand on her shoulder making her jump.

"Nice to see you again, mademoiselle." a masculine voice uttered behind her.

When she looked behind her, she saw Christoper standing with a flower in his hand. What does this man think he's doing? After what he did to me does he really think that I would have any interest in him?

"What are you doing here and what do you want?" Nathalie blurted.

"I know I made a mistake when we first met, but please forgive me. I was stupid that I tried to force you. So I'm begging you, forgive me."

"What makes you think she can forgive you?" Gabriel replied. He wrapped his hand around her waist in a protective manner. "For all I know, you tried to sexually assault her."

This caught the attention of Adrien and Marinette. What they heard seemed to be unreal. This man is still alive after what he did to Nathalie? They thought she or Gabriel had killed him before he could even step foot outside after what he did. Adrien's protective mode has been turned on. Marinette was quick to notice so she led him to a nearby bench to sit and calm down.

"I know she's like a mother to you, so you need to calm down. Let your father handle this."

"Fine, but if he touches her, I'm the one who's killing him."

"I guess I don't see much of a problem with that." she giggled in reply. He gave her a small smile before averting his gaze again over to the adults.

"Get out of here, you sick bastard!" Nathalie yelled. She quickly threw a punch at his face, but he simply moved out of the way.

"Oh, mademoiselle, you can't get rid of me that easily. What worked once won't work twice."

"How about a third one?" Gabriel aimed his fist to his face and brought in a punch that knocked him to the ground. "You can't dodge that, can you?"

Once again, Christopher had another bruise on his face. "I'm not that easy to knock out-" he aimed a punch at Gabriel, but the gorilla stopped him from doing so. He let out an angry grunt and shoved him backwards.

"Take this man back to Audrey." Gabriel ordered. "Have her deal with this poor excuse of a human."

The Gorilla gave him a nod in agreement and dragged Christopher far from them. Christopher threw the rose in his hands to Nathalie but she avoided it.

"Of all the things you can throw and grab, you chose a rose?" Nathalie mocked.

"It's a symbol, darling. I'll be back for you. And you will be mine."

"Yeah right," Gabriel uttered. "Let's see if you can even go near her, you little bitch!" he yelled.

"Gabriel Agreste, you are in public and the kids are right behind you. Do you think before you act or you're just plain stupid? This can ruin your whole reputation! The public still doesn't know a single thing that has happened and the fact that we're together doesn't make it look much simpler! It looks like you're taking a grown man away for no absolute reason!" Nathalie whispered in his ear.

"No need to be that rude, Nath." he whispered back.

"It's okay, Miss Nathalie. We would've said some choice words as well. And we would defend you both too!" Marinette blurted.