Chapter Twenty: Letter

They all sat at the table: Nathalie beside Gabriel, Marinette next to Adrien, and Sabine close to Tom. They ate the food that they made and chatted about their interests and hobbies.

"Is there something that you might want to tell Adrien, Miss Nathalie?" Marinette started.

"Right, Uhh, Adrien, you don't mind if you'll have a-" A loud crash interrupted Nathalie from continuing what she's saying.

"Go ahead, and I'll check what it was." Marinette left the table and followed where the strange crash came from. Then, it happened again. Another loud crash was heard from outside. It wasn't coming from the door, it was somewhat coming from above them. But it was only Marinette's room upstairs. Did someone break in? She thought.

She went back to the dining table a bit worried. "It was nothing. Probably a pigeon bumped into my bedroom window. I can go check there too."

"That would be a great idea. Just be careful okay?" Tom uttered.

"I'll go with her, Mr. Dupain." Adrien piped up.

"Thank you, Adrien."

The two teens went up to Marinette's room and looked around. They opened the window to see if there was something that hit it, but they saw nothing. Marinette went onto her balcony and caught a glimpse of a black figure running away. All there was left was a letter addressed to Nathalie. Adrian picked it up and read what's on it.

"Hello, Flower." he read. "That's unusual for someone to leave here. Why couldn't it be given to her personally? But if they even tried, father would be furious."

"Wait, there's something on the bottom. 'Remember your promise.' What's that supposed to mean?" Marinette uttered.

"I don't know. Should we give it to Nathalie?"

"Well, she may know what it means. So, I guess so." Both headed back downstairs and handed the letter to Nathalie.

"Oh my god. It can't be. It just can't be."

"What is it, Nath?" Gabriel asked.

"It's him. He's back." she whispered, clearly shaken.

"Who's back? And who's him?" Gabriel was now furious at whoever this man was.

"Alex.. Alexander.. But I haven't seen him in so long!"

"Who is he??" Adrien practically yelled.

"I need a minute!" Nathalie said, standing up quickly and running out the door.

Marinette was about to get up when Gabriel waved his hand to her. "Enjoy your food. I'll handle this."

Gabriel got up from his seat and headed after Nathalie. He spotted her nearby on a bench, trying to keep herself from crying. He walked up beside her, quietly asking if he could sit. She nodded and he wrapped his arms around her. She rested against him, finally allowing herself to weep.

"You don't have to tell me anything, okay? Just know that I love you and that I always will no matter what happens. You mean the world to me."

He started rubbing her back until her cries grew quiet. "I love you, Gabe." He placed her head into the crook of his neck and held her there for what seemed to be an eternity. Once she calmed down, she looked him in the eyes and in return, he received a loving smile from him.

"I'm here for you no matter what comes in our way, and remember that." He comforted. She just hugged him tighter and clung to him like a child.

"I think I'm ready to tell you who he is." Nathalie whispered.