Chapter Forty-One: School

Gabriel woke up when he heard vomiting noises coming from the bathroom. He didn't see Nathalie beside him so he assumed it was her in there. He stood up and went in there to help her. He saw her crouching down near the toilet, he grabbed a towel in one of the cabinets of the bathroom and crouched down beside her. She was a bit startled for a moment but she let him help her.

"You could have woken me up. I could have helped you earlier."

"You were peacefully sleeping, and I don't want to disturb you. You've done enough already for me. Besides, it's not as bad as it used to be."

"And I could do more for you. Now let's clean you up." He brought the towel close to her face as he wiped her mouth clean. He helped her to her feet as she stood up.

Nathalie turned on the water and gargled it in her mouth to wash off the taste of vomit. She took the towel from Gabriel again and dried the outside of her mouth. She smiled at him and gave him a hug after. He gladly hugged back and kissed the top of her head.

"We should wake the kids up. It's almost time for school." Gabriel blurted out.

"That's probably good. They're almost late, so we should be quick." she stated.

"You wake them up while I prepare breakfast for all of us. They won't listen to me when I'm the one who does it." he chuckled.

"Nope! My turn to cook. End of discussion. Good luck with waking the kids up." Before she could leave the room, he grabbed her arm and pulled her to him.

"Call for me if you need help. There's no shame in needing help. You're hurt, and I don't want you getting any worse."

"I think I can manage it on my own, perfectly fine."

"You can never be too careful. I'll attempt to wake them up now."

"Good luck!" she giggled as they walked out the room, heading different directions.

Gabriel went to his son's room to wake them up, but he actually expected for them to be already awake. He saw Adrien still asleep, shirtless like usual, Marinette passed out on top of him, and Morgan watching tv from the couch. When he opened the door, he caught Morgan's attention.

"It's time for school for all of you. I just need to wake them up."

"I've been up for like two hours. As a sentimonster, I don't really need sleep or anything. I just do it to seem more human."

"I already know that, Morgan. Can you please help me wake them up? Sometimes they won't listen to me."

"Cover your ears."

"What-" The last thing he heard was a high-pitched whistle from her. He should have covered his ears before asking any more further questions. Gabriel fell to the floor and quickly covered his ears. Both Marinette and Adrien fell out of bed onto each other.

"I told you to cover your ears, Gabriel."

"You didn't let me finish speaking!"

"I didn't hear you saying something, that's why."

"Still, that hurt."

"At least it woke them up."

Gabriel looked over to Adrien and Marinette who were laying on the floor. They looked tired and worn out. Adrien was about to go back to sleep when Gabriel tapped his head. "Wake up, son. It's time to go back to school. And don't say you want five more minutes of sleep. You don't have the time this morning."

Adrien groaned but stood up. He didn't know that Marinette was on top of him and fell off. He quickly helped her up to her feet but she just gave him a grumpy look. She scratched her head and plopped back into bed.