Chapter Eighteen: News

It was about five in the morning when Nathalie woke up. She looked around to see everyone else sleeping peacefully. She carefully stood up, trying not to wake them. She stepped into the kitchen, hoping to find something to eat. A wave of nausea hit her, making her rush up to Gabriel's bathroom.

A few minutes later, Marinette awoke. She looked up to see Nathalie nowhere to be seen. I bet I know what's happening. I should go check to make sure she's okay. She got off of Adrien's lap, and quietly ran up the stairs towards Gabriel's room. "Miss Nathalie? Are you alright?" she asked after seeing her hunched over.

"Morning sickness. It seems to get worse everyday." She laid back against the wall and took a deep breath.

"I'll help you get cleaned up. I can tell you're already exhausted. Mr. Agreste isn't awake yet, or I would go get him." Nathalie nodded as Marinette helped her to her feet. "Go sit down on the bed. I'll be right out."

Nathalie shakily walked out of the bathroom, almost tripping a few times. Marinette came out with a few warm washcloths. She handed the first one to Nathalie, who proceeded to wash her face off. She handed it back to Marinette, who laid it down nearby.

"Now please, lay down. I would suggest resting, at least until Mr. Agreste wakes up." She listened to the young girl, laying her head down on the soft pillow. "This washcloth is for your head. I can tell when someone has a splitting headache. I've been there before." Nathalie took it graciously. "I'll tell him to come up here once he wakes up, alright? If you need anything before then, I'm one call away. Rest well!"

Marinette sat in a chair near the couch, where both boys were still sleeping soundly. She picked up her phone and started looking at the news. No more akumatizations since Mr. Pigeon yesterday. That's a bit suspicious of Hawkmoth to have a break, but he's gone weeks before. It was still concerning, after what happened with Master Fu and Bunnyx. Is he planning something big again? Can me and Chaton handle it this time? But whatever it is, we can handle it. She thought to herself.

Today is a Saturday, so she has the whole day free to spend. She looked around her to find something interesting to do while she waited for the boys to wake up. There's nothing much to do. The room only has some snacks, pillows, blankets and a big screen. If she wants to watch another movie, she needs to watch it with headphones on, so as not to disturb anyone early in the morning.

Between the movie, she could feel Adrien shifting beside her. She slightly tapped his shoulder to wake him up.

"Morning, kitty." she whispered.

"Hmm...what time is it?" Adrien asked in a sleepy voice.

"It's almost seven in the morning. I'm just letting time pass by."

"Mhm. Is father still asleep?"

"Look beside you." she told him. Adrien turned his head to see Gabriel sitting beside him, asleep.

"Should I wake him up?" Adrien blurted.

"Yeah. better wake him up before he panics when he knows Miss Nathalie is gone."

"Wait, Nathalie's gone?!" Adrien shot up from his seat and looked around the room.

"Relax, she's in your fathers room resting. I saw her awake because of mor-.. How exhausted she was yesterday and she told me she'll be staying there."

"Oh, alright. That's good. Thank you bugaboo for helping her."

"It wasn't a hassle, kitty. Besides, she needs it."

"You're the best girl a guy could ask for."

"And you're the best man in the whole world." she smiled.