Chapter Sixteen: Relations

Morning came sooner than expected. Light shone through Marinette's window, waking up her and the boy in her bed.

"I'm glad that last night wasn't a dream, m'lady." Adrien mumbled.

"I'm glad too, Chaton." Marinette replied.

"Marinette! Wake up, you're gonna be late for school!" Sabine yelled from downstairs. "I'm going to go up there if you don't come down here in 5 minutes!"

"Oh shit," she mumbled underneath her breath. "I'm awake, mom! I'll be there in a minute!" She jumped out of bed, not even considering using the stairs.

"Oh shit to me too. I don't have any cheese for Plagg, so I can't transform and go back home." Adrien replied.

"Well, guess I'll just tell my parents that I was out kinda late, and I thought it was too dark out for you to walk home alone." Marinette shrugged. "They don't take me for that type of kid, you know."

"I'll text Nathalie and tell her that I am already on my way to school. Have you got any clothes that'll fit me?"

Marinette nodded and rummaged through her design wardrobe, coming out with a cute t-shirt and pair of jeans, both engraved with Marinette's signature and designs. "I may have designed these as a gift for you sometime.. I was just too nervous to ever give you them." she giggled. "Are we a thing then?"

"Maybe we should just keep to the more friendly attitude just for a bit. Don't want everyone on top of us, including the press." Adrien uttered.

"You should change now, there's a spot there where you can do your thing, I'll change on my bed.

"Too afraid you'll see something? Don't you remember last night?"

"S-shut up! Fine, have it your way. If my parents come barging to my room, at least you're hidden."

"Didn't you lock your door though?"

"Still hide. And go now, we're going to be late!"

"Or maybe I won't." Adrien walked over to her and grabbed her waist. He gave her a quick kiss before discarding his jeans and putting the new ones on. "You can also change in front of me, princess." Marinette blushed and started to undress.

"Only because we're going to be late, you hear me!!"

"How about a new outfit for today? For me, m'lady?" he purred. She sighed and walked over to her wardrobe again.

"Will this work?" She held out a red top with puffy sleeves. She also held out a belt with a bow on it and her signature embroidered on both of the clothes.

"That's purrfect, m'lady

"That's purrfect, m'lady." he smiled.

"You should text Miss Nathalie to inform you father that you're safe and on your way to school."

"Already did it, but I didn't get a reply. She hasn't been feeling well lately, so she might be resting."

"Let's get downstairs so I can explain to them why you're in my room." She beckoned him to follow her downstairs. He followed behind her, staying a few steps back.