02

welcome to class.

the classroom filled with voices, welcoming and introducing each other on their first day at UA

the classroom filled with voices, welcoming and introducing each other on their first day at UA. groups could be seen forming already, putting her at a disadvantage already.

her eyes roamed around the room, looking, searching for where to start. as she was about to begin, something made her stop in her tracks.

"hey." a welcoming voice greeted from beside her. "i'm eijiro kirishima."

the girl turned to the student and was welcomed with a pointy grin. before her stood a tall, broad boy with bright red hair. arms probably as thick as her head. but with all that was a welcoming smile.

"hi, i'm y/n l/n. it's nice to meet you." the girl greeted her classmate sweetly. the change in his facial expressions caused her to raise a curious brow.

"hey, congrats on getting the top score in the practice exam." his stuck his large hand out suddenly to shake hers. "so manly." y/n could of sworn she heard him mumble but decided not to question it.

she took his hand and shook it. her eyes flickered down to see where their hands met, she was in disbelief at the size of kirishima's hand. her's was barely visible, only small parts of her fingertips could be seen.

y/n thought about how he could crush her hand, break all of her fingers in seconds if he wanted too. but it didn't scare her, she admired him.

"you-" just as she was about to congratulate the red head she was abruptly interrupted by a voice not far behind her.

"joint." another voice growled, a voice she seemed to recognise. a force pushed her shoulder, taking her by surprise which caused her to lose balance. but kirishima was quick to hold her shoulder, keeping her upright.

the person that pushed past her didn't have innocent intent. it was no 'i was only trying to pass you'. it was done maliciously. y/n turned to take a look, and it confirmed her suspicions. it was done by no other than the eyes who she had met in the arena.

a set of eyes she can finally put a name on.

katsuki bakugou.

she had remembered taking a look at the leaderboard once the entrance exam was over. the blonde she had locked eyes with earlier seemed to be having a fit meters away, she laughed quietly at his tantrum but she wasn't curious enough to wonder why.

but her smile faltered as she spotted her name beside another. she had taken the top spot of the leaderboard, but not to herself.

"god, what's his problem?" kirishima frowned before his expression spring back to his welcoming one.

y/n snuck a glance at the boy they were now discussing. she didn't expect his eyes already on her. if looks could kill, she'd be long gone.

"it doesn't matter." she shrugged with a smile. it did matter. he wasn't going to be able to walk all over her and expect not to face the consequences.

her voice turned into a hushed whisper, "he's probably upset he didn't beat everyone." she followers her statement with a harmful giggle, before proceeding to continue their conversation. "congratulations on second place."

"thanks." he nodded happily at her, "shame i missed out on that first place, i could've been up there with you. although i'm glad i don't have to endure that guy's anger."

"lucky me." she joked, both her and kirishima turned to look at her angry classmate to catch his eyes still on the pair of them. "i should-"

her words were interrupted once more by the classroom door swinging open for the millionth time that morning. expecting to see another classmate, the class was shocked to find a tired looking man, with untamed hair, wrapped in a yellow sleeping bag at the door.

"hello class, i will be your home-room teacher, shota aizawa." he spoke in a monotone voice, no emotions appeared on his face. the class still stood there in silence, staring at their now home-room teacher.

"he is our teacher?" a hushed voice could be heard questioning the man's words from the back of the class. whoever had spoke shared everyone else's thoughts that they had decided to keep quiet.

but yet his face still lacked emotion, "now please put these on and head outside to the field." the man pulled out dozens of ua's training uniforms and threw them onto the closest desk. "we're having quirk assessment."