20

our training uniforms?

"it's done!" y/n squealed, taking a seat beside mina with a wide smile plastered on her face

"and...what do you think?" momo leaned in, wanting to hear your honest opinions on your new costume.

"it's perfect!"

all the girls at the table happily giggled at their friends excitement, especially since she and mei had been working on it for a couple of weeks.

"let's see it then! you got any pics?!" mina asked excitedly, looking over at y/n's phone that's on the table.

"i didn't get any, i want it to be a surprise for the festival." y/n spoke, ashido and jiro nodding in agreement.

"y/n...we don't wear them at the festival."

"what!" y/n almost stood to her feet in shock, "i've been working on this for almost three whole weeks and i don't even get to wear it? oh my god how didn't i remember that."

the girls head hit the table in embarrassment, mumbling to herself under her breath. "i could have spent all that time training for the festival. so much time wasted."

"don't be ridiculous, it's not wasted at all!" momo attempted to lift the mood but the girls head still hung low. "at least you've got it for when we need them next."

"true." y/n agreed, still not lifting her head. "but i was so exited." she then continued to bash her head lightly on the table. "how do i tell mei!"

"i'm sure she'll understand, we will head there after we've finished eating." mina rubbed the girls back slowly, before taking a mouthful of food with the other hand.

"thank you."

"so it's settled them." momo nodded before she too took a mouthful of her food. "now, y/n, eat your food. sooner you do that sooner we can sort this out with mei."

the group of four girls all ate and only talked briefly, unusual to how they normally are. once they had finished, each one took their plates and cutlery to a stall beside the door and then left. now on their way to find mei hatsume.

once at the door y/n waited a couple of seconds and contemplated whether or not she should do it. i mean she'd use it eventually, just not for the festival.

but before she could determine if she wanted to walk away, the door swung open and revealed the pink haired girl with a gleaming smile.

"y/n! you've brought people! come in! come in!" she rushed the group inside of the work shop that was currently empty of people. "i've got it to myself until lunch is over."

"mei." y/n called softly, having the girl turn to face her. "i cant wear it for the festival."

"oh, i know that." mei chuckled at the girls words, "i was already aware of that y/n, each student must wear their training uniform."

"oh my god." y/n was flooded with relief, "thank god, i didn't even think about the training uniforms for the festival."

"well, would your friends like to see it?" mei asked kindly, turning to look at each one of the four girls, "it's in the back workshop."

the girls nodded eagerly, turning to y/n, "are we okay to see it y/n? please, please, please." mina begged, her eyes growing wide like a puppy.

y/n nodded her head downwards, and mina clapped with excitement. the group then moved towards the door at the back of the large room, mei and y/n leading the group.

the door creaked open, and the girl stepped inside one by one, their jaws hitting the floor upon seeing their friends new costume.

"oh my god." mina gasped, moving closely to take a better look.

"it was worth all those sleepless hours huh?" momo nudged her friend with a warm smile, "i love it."

"i like the change y/n, it will suit you." jiro walked around to mannequin, taking in each detail.

"have you tired it on?"