88

rescheduled and relocated.

the smell of overly used disinfectant products flooded into her nose as she gained consciousness

the smell of overly used disinfectant products flooded into her nose as she gained consciousness. slowly, she pried her eyes open to a white ceiling. a sight had become far too familiar.

and yet she still questioned, "where am i?" mumbles escaped her mouth as she clamped her hand down onto her head. her ears were ringing and her eyes were throbbing.

to her surprise, she felt her wings were still spread out and attempted to retract them, only resulting in more pain. pain in which she wasn't used to.

"what the-" she frowned, her eyes snapping wider at the feeling as she suddenly turned her head towards the area causing the shots of pain. and there her wing was, wrapped in in white bandages and looking slightly smaller than her other. "what-"

"you're up." a voice said softly, slow footsteps then approaching. "it's nice to see you awake." the familiar raven haired girl smiled, dressed in an entirely different gown.

"what happened? why are you-"

"sleeping beauty is finally awake." bakugo groaned in a sarcastic tone, even though hours ago when visitors were allowed he was arguing for one of the two spots. "can we go now?"

"you can go if you'd like bakugo." momo smiled sweetly, already knowing fully well he wouldn't dare leave the room unless y/n was walking out beside him. "but i'd rather stay here. could possibly send mina or kyoka over for me, that is if you're leaving of course."

"tch." he scoffed at her annoying words, he too knew that he wouldn't consider leaving for a second. he slumped back down in the chair beside y/n's bed, growing in defeat.

y/n finally turned her eyes to bakugo, twisting her whole body on its side in the process. he too, was dressed up once again like the night of the expo, except for the dress shirt now being black and a suit jacket went over it to match.

"why are you two dressed up?" y/n asked, not a thought of what she was doing in the hospital crossed her mind.

"well." momo began, "considering the expo had been cancelled, melissa had decided to take it upon herself to reschedule and relocate the ball to another part of the island. meaning the speeches, the drinks, the food, the dancing can still go on."

"when does it start?" y/n asked, her eyes then scanned the walls for any sign of a clock to give her the right idea of how long was left.

"half an hour ago."

"it started half an hour ago?" y/n's eyes were the size of saucers as she turned to momo in surprise. "why are you guys here?"

"for you dumbass."

y/n ignored his remark and didn't take her eyes off of yaoyorozu. "aren't you planning on confessing, because if you don't i know kyoka will do it for you." the girl's ears turn red at her friends words, even more at the fact there was another person present in the room.

"you planning on confessing huh? who to?" bakugo asked, leaning his arm on the bed with his skin brushing up against y/n's.

"todoroki."

"half and half?! get some taste!"

"think you could do better?"

bakugo then stayed silent before he turned to y/n, "even she's better than him." he joked, nodding towards the injured girl.

"hey!" l/n frowned, punching the boy in the arm.

"please, just get together already." momo mumbled, neither of the others overhearing her words. "right i'll get going. i left you a dress if you're well enough to attend." the girl smiled, rushing out of the room.

"well, are you gonna get off your ass and come or not?"