26

you tried your best.

y/n had overheard kaminari lost his fight

y/n had overheard kaminari lost his fight. embarrassingly due to him underestimating his opponent, short circuiting in the process.

serves him right. you should never underestimate an opponent.

y/n had been walking momo down to the rooms to prepared, holding her hand tightly and swinging their arms back and forth. "you've got this, just focus."

"i will try my best y/n." she breathed, now standing at the door of the room. "now...head up to the stands and cheer for me."

"i will." y/n nodded at the girl, a warm smile plastered on her lips. giving her hand one more squeeze. "good luck momo." y/n then proceeded to walk back up into the stands.

"come on!" mina called her over excitedly, now stood right up against the railing with jiro, ready to watch the fight.

y/n waved at the two, pressing herself up beside jiro. looking down to see yaoyorozu and tokoyami already in fighting stance.

"you've got this momo!" mina yelled at the top of her lungs, jiro and y/n cheering along side her.

their friend's eyes met theirs, a thankful smile on her face. but her gaze didn't linger. now facing back to tokoyami.

the whistle was blown and the fight began.

dark shadow emerged from the boys chest, heading straight towards yaoyorozu. but her reflexes were quick, quick enough for her to create a shield from her arm and block the attack.

"come on momo!"

dark shadow continued to attack the girl, knocking her shield out of grip. but it was quick to be replaced by another.

y/n watched closely, although yaoyorozu wasn't taking any hits, the impact of them was slowly sending her backwards. towards the out of bounds line.

"bounds! momo! bounds!" y/n yelled, her voice almost breaking in the process.

her words were heard, but it was too late. yaoyorozu's foot now stood just over the line, giving tokoyami the win.

"momo yaoyorozu is out of bounds! fumikage tokoyami wins!"

momo's heart shattered. her face dropped upon hearing the words echo through the stadium. her self esteem had taken a large hit that would take a lot to come back from.

afterwards the break had started. leaving y/n, jiro and ashido to comfort their disappointed friend.

"i could have done so much better." her eyes watered at her own words, but she wouldn't allow herself to let them fall.

"yaoyorozu." y/n held her shoulders, waking her eyes meet her own. "you must fail to improve, you will now train harder. you made us all proud."

momo gave her a weak smile, her lips faltering slightly. "i mean your reflexes were incredible." kyoka continued to praise her alongside y/n, holding her hand tightly.

"you were amazing out there momo, you'll get him next time!" mina chirped, rubbing her back in a conforting manner.

y/n could tell momo wasn't going to have a quick recovery from this. as although she had not been physically hurt, that damage that had been dealt on the inside was far more to bare.

"thank you guys, but shouldn't you two be getting ready?"

momo's eyes flickered between y/n and mina, the pair both being in the next two fights.

"i mean, if we both win we will be going up against one another." mina chuckled, "no hard feeling if i win?"

"no hard feelings."