22

better run, better run.

midnight goes on to announce the preliminaries of the ua's sports festival, the first one being an almost 4km obstacle race around the stadium

without a second thought midnight yelled "begin!" into the microphone, all students then trampled their way to the exit.

the small tunnel exit to the arena had already been crammed, everyone struggling to find a place.

it was until todoroki used his quirk, freezing the floor with most students legs down with it. 1-a students however managed to dodge it due to the accessible amount of training they did together.

bakugo, y/n and tokayami had taken it to the air, moving through the ceiling of the tunnel with no one in their way.

y/n watched as mineta attempted to attack todoroki with his quirk, failing miserably and suddenly being knocked away by what presumably is their first obstacle.

there before them stood there zero point robots from the entrance exam, standing much higher than the pointed ones.

todoroki who still lead the pack send ice flying towards a handful of the robots, allowing his to slip between the gaps in their legs before they came tumbling down blocking the path for the rest of them.

"half and half bastard!" bakugo screamed, blasting off of the ground, over coming the robots and gaining on todoroki.

y/n was quick to follow, not wanting to allow bakugo to gain an even bigger head start on herself. her wings pushed her forward towards the pair that took the lead.

she didn't bat an eye when going over the second stage of the obstacle course, her wings taking her body right the way over, passing an angry bakugo on the way.

"not today." he grumbled, explosions bigger than before, destroying the path behind him and catapulting him forward.

just as y/n was about to start crossing the third and final stage of the course, a mine field, alight grip got a hold of her leg and threw her to the ground.

an explosion sending her immediately into the air, barely into the direction that would have be benefitting.

bakugo didn't spare her a glance as he passed, eyes now on the half and half boy that was ahead of him. he was aiming to win, no one is to take that from him.

y/n now with a ripped training uniforms and a battered face still moved forward, approaching the icy hot and explosion quirk users from above.

slipping through the middle of the pair it was as if the boys had share a thought in that moment, both reaching for an ankle as bakugo had done earlier in the attempt to bring her back again.

she kicked the boys off her before they could get the chance. sending them slightly to each side of her.

the three now being neck and neck they began to try and sabotage each other, pushing and pulling as much as possible. slowing each other but also themselves down in the process. leaving them oblivious to the huge explosion that had gone off at the starting line of the the third stage.

a pair of feet landed on bakugo and todoroki's shoulder, the culprit being midoriya, why had gone flying past them on a piece of metal which seemed to be part of one of the robots.

both boys went flying backwards, leaving y/n at a possible advantage. grip on the back of her uniform said otherwise.

as bakugo was sent flying backwards, he had managed to pull one of his rivals with him. although he had no time to celebrate.

he left y/n and blasted forward, his explosions now so big it blocked her path from getting close to any of them.

"screw you bakugo!" she yelled at the top of her lungs, pushing her limit to at least try and get close to him in the race.

what she couldn't see was the smug smile her yell had left on his face, seemingly even more satisfied with his actions upon hearing your complaints.

to her disappointment she wanted the arena to her name plastered on a billboard.

4th. y/n l/n.