12

not today.

iida stood by the weapon with a villain like stance, he had taken the act very seriously and refused to break out of character, even when bakugo shouted at him for being stupid

"iida..." y/n called slyly, switching between fluttering her wings and stepping slowly. "oh iida..."

the boy kept a good look around, but being very protective of the weapon at the same time. he was on edge slightly but her voice sounded far enough away for him not to worry.

bakugo did say he'd take care of her.

the blonde had just finished beating the green hair boy into the ground, not giving him enough time to blink. sending multiple explosions directly towards him.

deku might have well been dead, his eyes were shut and his body seemed limp, and bakugo took that as his cue to leave.

y/n heard him coming. although he wasn't shouting or sending explosions left, right and center, his footsteps were enough to determine his rough location.

her back pressed up against the cool, concrete wall, her bare arms and upper back shuddered at the feeling but pushed it past her.

the explosive boy's footsteps got louder, faster, closer. until finally their eyes met.

bakugo shifted his gaze quickly, no looking at her hair, her mouth, anywhere but into her eyes. he will not let himself get wrapped around her finger, letting himself feel vulnerable.

her wings promptly emerged, moving swiftly in front of her body to shield herself from his incoming explosion. it damaged them, bad. so she was quick to pull them back in and act carefully when using them the rest of the lesson.

"i thought you'd left bakugo." she taunts, as the two begin to punch at eachother. y/n bare hands suffering from the small explosions bakugo had the time to make.

his bare arms were on show due to the design of his costume, something which wasn't ideal when going up against y/n.

"shut up you damn extra." he kicked her in the stomach, making her tumble backwards and hitting the floor.

he'd given himself room to make explosions but she rapidly got back to her feet and made a run for him, reaching for his arm but his hand caught hers.

"not today." he pulled her fist to the side and sent another explosion right to her hip then kicking her feet, knocking her to the floor again.

he held his hand in front of her, reaching for the wrist of his gauntlets, inching towards the pin of the grenade like gloves. and although y/n didn't know exactly what that would do, she knew it wouldn't be good.

she lifted her body up on her hands, staying low. y/n swung her leg round and kicked his feet from beneath him, his back colliding with the stone floor.

"not today." she mocked his words and got onto her knees, approaching him and reaching for the bare skin of his arms.

his other arms swung around, his fist colliding with her face. she hit the floor again but didn't give up, getting to her feet once again. bakugo also got to his feet and jumped into a fighting stance.

"y/n, where are you?" a small, sweet voice spoke through her ear. midoriya had gotten to his feet and was now speaking through the small ear piece each team was given.

"keep to the left and you'll find me, head for the weapon izuku." y/n answered, staring at her opponent.

midoriya had taken the time to run y/n over bakugo's go to moves. it took her by surprise with how much he knew about him, especially since he bullied him throughout junior high. but she refused to question it and listened carefully.

after all, it will be useful eventually.