69

kidnapped by the league.

"it's so strange...why are the heroes being criticised? they say they were dealing with things was just a little off the mark. is it because it's their job to protect? everyone makes a mistake or two. are they supposed to be perfect? modern-day heroes are so uptight. don't you think so bakugo?"

the boy. he sat in a stone chair, ankles stapled to each leg of the seat while his hands were pressed together, incased in a metal box. many leather straps tied him down, over his shoulder, chest and upper legs.

"once heroes receive compensation to protect people, they aren't heroes anymore. that's stain's teaching."

"the strange system of transforming people's lives into money or glory...the society that sticks right to those rules...the citizens who blame the losers rather than encourage them...our fight is to question: what is a hero? what is justice? is this society truly just? we'll have everyone thinking about it. we're planning on winning. you like winning, too, right?...fabian release his restraints."

"huh? this guy's gonna fight, you know."

"it's fine." shigaraki waved the man off, "we need to treat him like an equal, since we're scouting him. besides, you can tell if you'll win or not if you fight in this situation, right, ua student?"

the room fell silent. the eyes of a dozen villains fell onto bakugo, while his own vermilion's flickered between each one.

"twice, you do it." dabi spoke, a man covered in patched, dark purple skin.

"what, me? no way!"

"do it." the man ordered, the other huffed in defeat. he cautiously walked over to bakugo and leant down to the restraints.

"man..."

"i do apologise for using such forceful methods." the man who had managed to capture bakugo spoke, stood quietly in the corner of the room. "but please understand that we are not just a mob trying to commit crimes. we didn't kidnap you by accident."

twice worked on the restraints around bakugo's hands, he watched him carefully unlock the chains, acting as slowly as possible.

"even though our situations differ, everyone here has been restricted and suffered because of people...rules...and heroes..."

bakugo rubbed at his freed wrists, not moving anything else until the rest of his restraints were untied. shigaraki approached him slowly, but took a step back once bakugo flew out of him chair, punching twice directly in the nose.

from impact, the hand that once sat on the man's face fell to the ground. the group of villains looked through the smoke in shock. hoping that their leader was okay.

"shigaraki!"

"i listened quietly to your endless talking...idiots cant get to the point, so they're always talking for a long time. basically, you mean 'we want to harass people, so please join us', right? don't bother. i want to win like all might. no matter what anyone says, that will never change!"

bakugo chuckled to himself before continuing, "you said it, ua and aizawa sensei." the tv played quietly in the background as they all watched from afar. "that's how it is, you damn scum of a league!"

they went through all that trouble to mount a huge attack, and all they got was me. they even told me what they wanted. to them, i'm an important person that they can use. since they're trying to turn me to their side, they won't try to kill me seriously. before they change their minds, i'll take down two or three of them and escape!

"just so you know, i'm still allowed to fight!"

"you know exactly what your position is, huh? what a smart boy!"

"no, he's an idiot." dabi spoke bluntly, tilting his head ever so slightly.

"i'll stick you."

"even if he wasn't going to join us, he should have pretended like we were winning him over. he's done it now."

"i won't do something i don't want to even if i'm only faking it. and i don't want to be in an annoying place like this for very long."

shigaraki tutted and twitched, turing back to the bar where the warp gate and toga stood. he spoke directly with toga.

"bring her in."