epilogue

a long awaited confession.

she looks beautiful

she looks beautiful.

bakugo couldn't tear his eyes off of hers. the two hadn't broken eye contact ever since they had started to dance, both pairs of eyes glistening as the looked into the others.

the world had been shut up, both of them feeling as if it were only them left on earth. hand large palms sat on her waist and snaked slightly lower to her hips.

y/n felt the heat in her face rise as she felt his strong grip on her hips, only making her tighten her grip around his neck. "didn't take you as much of a dancer katsuki." she teased, racing her fingers on the back of the boy's neck.

a small hint of pink emerged on his cheeks, the feeling sent a shiver down his spine at the contact. his hand squeezed at her sides, giving her the exact same reaction. and he could tell.

he chuckled lowly, only making that pink on her cheeks turn red, her nerves finally getting to her.

it was unbelievable how the pair had been not many months ago, not being able to stand the sight of each other. but, the competitiveness in absolutely anything hadn't ever changed.

"so...why'd you ask me to dance?" y/n finally built up the courage to ask the question that had been bothering her since he had asked the question.

"because, you were about to dance with that sad sack." bakugo scoffed, his eyes flicking to the side in the hopes the girl wouldn't pick up on his other reasoning.

"that was it?"

"yep."

"are you sure?"

"positive."

"give me one good reason why i shouldn't dance with him." y/n tilted her head, her entire face being impossible to read.

"because...i don't want you too." it was blunt, no emotion behind his words at all. and yet, he was telling the absolute truth. "i don't want you dancing with that freak."

"he's not a freak, and that's not a valid reason. so care to give me a better one-"

the world truly had disappeared as she got cut off her again. but not by words or him shushing her, but a warm set of lips on hers.

as her mouth was already parted slightly form talking, it was as his lip moulded perfectly into it. it wasn't fast nor slow. neither of them dare pull away. it was perfect. absolutely perfect.

it was as if they were perfectly in sync with each other, lips moving, gliding over one another's. y/n held the back of bakugo's neck tighter with her hands while his palm sat comfortably on the small of her back, putting slight pressure on it to pull her closer.

the hairs on the back of their necks were on end and goosebumps coated their bodies. y/n could feel herself running out of air, not being able to breath through her nose for much longer but she continued. not wanting for the moment to ever end.

all bakugo could think about was her being his. right now, she was in his arms, hands around his neck, kissing him. he too, would kill for the moment to have lasted forever.

the classmates of 1-a watched them with wide smiles, while keeping quiet and muttering to each other about the sight before them.

y/n could feel bakugo attempting to retract slowly, but with an ever so slight bit of force she held him back in, desperately needing a gem a couple more seconds.

her mouth formed a small pout as he pulled away, taking his lips off hers. the biggest girl she had ever seen was plastered on his lips, and he same soon going for herself.

"i like you, princess."

"i like you too, fireworks."

[29/09/21]