58

peace and quiet

"are you exited for the training camp y/n?" mina chirped, clapping her hands together with excitement at the thought

"i am mina, i take it you are too?" y/n assumed in a monotone voice, hating being up so early in the middle of summer break. "god it is so early."

"l/n, waking up early is a health part of a human's daily routine." iida swung his hand up and down, acting like his usual self.

"yeah well it's an unhealthy part of mine." y/n huffed, sitting on the nearest bench and allowed her eyes to fall shut.

"oi." before y/n could turn to see who had called, a hard force whacked her in the back of the head. "bus is here." y/n followed bakugo as he drilled past her, not sparing her a glance.

y/n shook her head, wondering how long she had been sat there drifting off to sleep. thankfully, bakugo had woken her up as the rest of the students were already lined up ready to get on the bus.

her eyes scanned her class, looking for one of her friends to sit with, she wasn't surprised upon seeing yaoyorozu and todoroki stood with one another while ashido and kirishima were pressed shoulder to shoulder. what y/n didn't expect was the sight of jiro and kaminari, deep in conversation.

y/n walked passed them, mumbling, "traitor." in a joking tone, making sure kyoka knew she wasn't offended. after all, she was cupid.

kyoka jiro and denki kaminari huh?

stood alone at the back, y/n scrolled through her phone meaninglessly as she waited to board the bus. her foot tapped the floor impatiently, knowing she could have full well slept for another half an hour.

once the line into the bus finally started to move, y/n kept her eyes glued to her phone with each step she took.

at the back five empty seats were left. y/n sat in the left corner, pressing half her back onto the window that was still cool from the morning breeze. 

l/n kicked her legs up on the seat beside her and plugged her earphones it, now taking no notice of what was going on around her.

she jolted at the sudden contact of her leg, her eyes darted to the culprit and there stood bakugo, arms crossed and one earphone plugged in.

he didn't say a word. he simply paseeed by her and sat in the opposite corner, throwing his legs up with hers.

while they were both on their phones, taking no notice of the world around them, the pair had subconsciously started some type of strength war with their feet. one pushing back on the other to see how much they could withstand.

it was peaceful.

after about half an hour most students had fallen asleep. denki was trying to get kyoka's attention when she had her earphones it and iida was awake because 'the class representative must stay awake during trips'.

y/n too could feel herself drifting off, she decided not to fight it and leant lower down on the window and chair.

it was expected to be a long drive, and with how early she had woken up that morning, sleep was needed.

bakugo however refused to fall asleep. claiming it makes him vulnerable. and he did not want to be vulnerable on a bus full of his classmates.

so he simply let the music from his phone pour into his ears as he watched y/n sleep quietly.

it really was peaceful.