53

i'm winning this bet.

"again!" y/n yelled, getting up off of the cold safety mat once again

blood ran from her nose and she clearly had a slightly busted lip. she has been beaten up badly, but refused to surrender. it was impressive.

"you'll regret this l/n." bakugo chuckled deeply, having never seen anyone as dedicated. other than himself.

it was unusual for y/n to hear her second name coming from they boy's mouth, she was so used to nerd and extra it was as if he were a new person.

both students had been sparing for about an hour, the blonde winning the majority. the had been training without quirks, being sure they don't depend on them too much. being able to depend on their body too.

y/n regained her balance, crouching ever so slightly and her feet placed firmly. raising her fists, she brought them up to conceal her face slightly. expecting bakugo's first blow.

what am i doing?

she asked herself quickly before taking the first swing, catching bakugo off guard. she had been taking his punches first as if it was a routine.

i can actually win this.

even with a frame smaller than the muscular bakugo, she still had a chance. so in one swift motion, y/n slid between his legs. realising she could still use her fighting style, even without her quirk.

she grabbed a hold of his leg and wrapped her leg around his front, slamming him to the group before he could think twice.

pushing her leg against his neck for a second, proving she had won. she got to her feet abruptly and cheered in victory.

"haha! suck it fireworks!"

"yeah." bakugo coughed, getting to his feet. "that's what 3 to you 11 to me?"

"shut up." she punched his arm harshly, "that's 4 to me and 9 to you!"

he smiled down at her.

why is he smiling?

why am i smiling?

y/n couldn't hold her happiness and returned the gesture with a wide grin. "one more and you owe me dinner."

regrettably, bakugo had bet he'd beat y/n to fifteen before she won five. ten minutes ago, he would have said the odds were in his favour, but that sight was drifting away, out of sight.

"yeah that one more ain't gonna happen nerd." he crossed his arms and cocked his head toward her, towering over intimidatingly.

"you sure about that?" y/n challenged, moving back to her original stance. "come on fireworks."

"you're asking for it now weakling."

weakling huh? never heard that one before.

"heh! who are you calling weakling?!" y/n charged at the boy, a fist up ready to collide with his face.

bakugo grabbed a hold of her wrist and swung her round, attempting to slam her onto the floor. but y/n quickly hooked her legs onto his arm pushing him down with her.

bakugo was kneeling, legs pressed hard against the floor. his back was almost hitting the floor but pushing himself to get back up. y/n hung onto his arm like a sloth, slipping her wrist out of his grip and getting back to his feet.

both students now stood in their original position.

"not letting you win that easy." he growled with a small laugh to follow.

"neither am i."