21

let the festival begin.

days later the festival finally rolled around, y/n and many others were sure to get a good enough sleep the night prior, prepping themselves for the unpredictable day they were about to endure

all students on 1-a were in a designated waiting room in their training uniforms. leaving everyone to discuss and ready themselves for the upcoming challenges.

"best of luck today girls." mina squeaked, pulling the others into a tight hug. "so you best and don't back down." she then turned to the rest of the class. "good luck everyone!"

a stream of good lucks came streaming back in, everyone wishing the best for eachother. other than bakugo of course, who sat on one of the many benches, an irritated look on his face.

momo seemed to have her mind elsewhere, something y/n picked up on but before she could mention it her friend spoke aloud.

"i hope todoroki-kun does well." momo pleads to herself, the girls in the group around her sharing looks before turning back to the creation girl.

"you sure do talk about him a lot momo." y/n whispered, not wanting anyone outside the group to hear their conversation, "you got a thing for half and half?"

mina and jiro are soon joined by y/n making embarrassing funny kissing noises, causing their other friend to turn beetroot red.

"shut up would you!" momo smacked y/n in the arm, not too hard but not to gentle. "no i don't."

y/n nodded with a tight lipped smile, jiro also having the same one. "okay momo, we believe y-." earphone jack attempted to say seriously but a smile from y/n and mina caused her to crack into giggles.

once the three of the four who had decided momo's apparent not crush on todoroki was the funniest thing of the week had finally stopped laughing, the voice of said boy caught their attention.

"i shall beat you midoriya, i am stronger than you." todoroki's tone was flat, monotone, no sense of feeling. his tone matched him perfectly, todoroki hadn't bothered trying to make friends, allies in school since they started at ua.

"he's so straight forward." momo blushed, to which jiro nudged both girls to see before they looked away.

"yes todoroki-san you are far stronger than me. but you must remember, each student, from every department, will be giving their all today in the festival. you will have to as well."

as midoriya finishes their class is called out the the arena as the freshmen stage is about to begin. all the year one classes poured out, grouping around a podium where midnight stood.

"may we new have a representative to give a small speech for the freshmen of ua." midnight spoke into a microphone, her voice echoing through the stadium. "katsuki bakugo."

"you're joking, what a nightmare." y/n mumbled to momo who stood right beside her. "he will probably scream die or something."

yaoyorozu giggles quietly at her friends words before hushing herself and y/n, looking forward at bakugo who now stood at the microphone about the rest of them.

he looked down on the students before up at the stands. "i plead..." his voice is raspy, being even more noticeable which his voice come if from the speakers in ever direction.

it must have been luck because as soon as the words spilt from his mouth, his eyes caught in a pair of far too familiar ones. she stared up at him, arms crossed, awaiting his terrible line.

"i will win."