19

a new costume.

it had been a couple of weeks since the USJ incident had occurred and the class was now training for the next milestone at ua, the school festival

y/n had been pushing herself further, beating her sprint record, her grip strength record, going on runs each day before school, training in her free time after lunch. she was pushing hard but also managed to keep herself from falling over the edge by, getting a healthy amount of sleep, and a healthy diet to match.

she had even visited the department of support on the other side of the school, following mina's advice from the day of the incident and taking it upon herself to improve her costume.

in her more average lessons momo had offered to take notes for her to give the girl time to design her costume without interrupting her training routine.

and yet she still spent roughly an hour each night, staring up at her ceiling, coming up with new ideas. her mind not allowing her to sleep until she was finished.

within that time, each day she visited the department of support the unique and unforgettable mei hatsume was quick to greet her at the door. a sparkling smile each time.

mei looked forward to each tuesday, thursday and friday afternoon when her new found friend would visit. y/n would even listen to mei's ideas for her new babies and laugh at her jokes.

y/n genuinely liked the girl. she was loud and sometimes a bit overwhelming, but she really did like her.

and she did an amazing job of putting together y/n costume. each day y/n would come in and see the mannequin in the back of the room. and each day y/n would come in and make new modifications to it, to which mei squealed at each time.

but the girl didn't shy away from giving y/n some idea's for her costume, whether it was moving something that was already there or adding something completely new.

the costume still had elements of her last one, beginning with the body suit that matched momo's at the bottom layer, which was now her black. her shoes were now boots reaching her mid calf, standing with a bit of a heel. also matching the colour of the body suit.

the mannequin wore white sheer socks, thin enough for her to use her powers of touch through them while not being too thin, still having the light tint to them.

the open skirt was now removable from the belt that sat on her waist. mei had suggested so rather than getting rid of it completely.

she also had white shoulder plates on each arm and a tight fingerless gloves made of a fabric with many small holes, again allowing her to use her quirk through it.

the body suit also came together at the top, some sort of collar around the neck with deep red accents that matched the rest over the costume.

and on the thursday morning when y/n got a text come through from mei in the middle of class, that read, she's done. she had to stop herself from jumping out her seat and running to the support department.

as soon as the bell had rang after her final lesson of the morning, she bolted without a second thought. momo hadn't even got the chance to ask her where she was going, because as soon as she was out the classroom door, she was gone.

"costume's done." mina chuckled, linking arms with her and jiro. "come on, we will meet her at lunch."

the doors swung open and mei dragged y/n to the back to see the finished product. she hadn't wanted anyone coming in or out of the work shop to see it, before y/n saw it herself.

"mei, it's perfect."