Chapter 25~ the vanishing tea party!

Chapter 25

It didn’t take you long to find the meeting spot however finding a spot to land was another story. The tea gardens were surrounded by thick forests on all sides, forcing you to land in a clearing a good few hundred yards away.

“Well, this is really something,” Axel praised as the four of you set out toward the meeting spot. There was no pathway to follow but the unbelievably tall trees were spread far enough apart to navigate through. The floor was dotted with flowers and plants of every colour of the rainbow; some even consisted of the full rainbow spectrum. The place had you in awe but you couldn’t afford to let your guard down in a foreign place.

“Wow, look at this ------,” Zack said gesturing to a huge blue and green looking sun flower in front of him.

“Don’t touch anything. You don’t know what it does.” You lectured the overly curious Zack.

“It’s a flower ------, what’s it gonna-“ Zack was cut short as the petals of the flower quickly folded in to create a funnel before a jet of water shot out, hitting Zack straight in the face. The three of you burst out laughing as Zack rushed around trying, and failing to get out the way of the jet steam targeted at him.

“Not funny guys,” Zack sulked rubbing the water off his face now that the attack had finally subsided.

“Actually it is,” you chuckled back as he let out a sigh.

“Axel come on, dry me off,” Zack whined holding his dripping arms out to emphasise how soaked he really was.

“Well I could but…” Axel mockingly pondered tapping a finger to his lip when a pouting Zack decided to flick him with the water dripping off his fingers. “And now I’m not helping.” Axel huffed as he wiped the water drops from his eye.

“I’ll do it,” Gray sighed stepping forward. He used his ice magic to freeze all the water creating a thin layer of ice over Zack. Instantly the Zack-cicle shock like a dog breaking the ice layer leaving him dry… and cold.

“That was so not cool,” Zack shivered as he complained. You couldn’t help but laugh.

“Haha, on the contrary,” you chuckled.

“Ha ha, very funny,” Zack replied thick with sarcasm.

“Oh it was,” you continued giggling.

After a few more minutes of walking the four of you had finally reached the tea gardens. They were situated in a large oblong clearing in the forest, filled with an array of colourful flower beds. In the middle was a rather long table, that could easily seat fifty, covered in plates of varying baked goods.

“Mmm, now this is my kind of mission,” Zack said picking up what looked to be a pumpkin scone.

“Unhand that scone young man,” A shrill yet masculine voice called. You looked up to see a man in a large and strangely coloured top hat sitting at the far head of the table.