Chapter six ~ You're one of us now!

Chapter 6

You followed the guys all the way to the Dining hall which was a large room filled with rows and rows of tables and to the left was a series of odd looking vending machines. Zack led you over to the giant purple and blue machines and began staring down a massive sign on the front. After some deliberation he finally pressed some buttons on a numbered keypad next to the sign and a little card popped out from a slot in the side of the machine.

“What is that?” you asked staring at the foreign machine.

“Dinner,” Zack waved the card in front of your face.

“What?” You raised your eyebrows not understanding what this thing really was.

“This is why I love new people,” he chuckled smugly showing off his superior knowledge.

“Just tell me what it is.” You sighed at his show.

“Okay fine,” he chuckled as he grubbed your arm and pulled you straight in front of the machine. “This is how you select the food you want,” He gestured to the machine. “First you read through the list and pick what you want, then you look at the corresponding number and type it into the keypad, so what do you want?” he asked as you studied the list.

“Hmm I want … Hawaiian pizza and water,” you told him finally finding something you liked.

“Okay so you just type in the numbers 165 and 000 and then press enter,” Zack talked through his actions. “Ta-da,” he cheered as a card popped out.

“Now what?” you asked taking the card from the machine.

“Right this way,” he said grabbing your arm and tugging you through the sea of students and over to a table. The table was already pretty much full but there was room for four more people to add to the six already there. You knew Axel and Reno but the others you didn’t recognise. Zack led you over to two spare seats and you sat down between him and a boy with spiky blonde hair and striking dark blue eyes. Next to him was Axel followed by Reno who appeared to be in some sort of argument with a tall girl with long sleek black hair that sat across from him. Next to her was a quiet looking guy with blonde hair and mysterious light blue eyes. He gave Zack a nod of greeting when he sat before looking to you and doing the same. You smiled back in acknowledgement before the energetic looking girl with short black hair and a bright smile next to him noticed your arrival and quickly slid over to the seat across from you.

“You’re the new girl, ------- right,” she beamed at you from across the table.

“Yeah that’s me,” you smiled politely back.

“Awesome! I’m the great ninja Yuffie,” she cheered jumping from her chair and striking a ninja pose almost knocking over the guy you remember was called Gippal behind her.

“I think ninjas are supposed to have a little more grace,” Gippal rubbed his arm where Yuffie had bumped into him.