Chapter 33 ~ I See You!

Chapter 33

The lesson had been running quite smoothly since the earlier incident. It appears Ed takes a similar approach to gaining authority. Scare everyone into behaving. You thought it was hilarious.

You were a little surprised when Ed had used alchemy to scare Reno. It wasn't his use of alchemy that shocked you. You knew he was very skilled at it from your previous patrol duty together. What did surprise you though was the fact that he didn't use a transmutation circle. At least not from what you'd seen. For this reason you'd been keeping an extra close eye on him but with every demonstration he provided, he drew the transmutation circle.

Perhaps he had a similar set up to Armstrong going and had the circle on his gloves or hands or something. While that was a perfectly reasonable explanation you were still going to keep a watchful eye on him.

"Okay guys, have you copied this circle down?" Ed asked the class while taping the black board where he had drawn a basic transmutation circle. He received a chorus of conformation groans before reaching under his desk and pulling out a box. He passed the box to Al who then proceeded to walk around the class passing out little bundles of hay.

"So once you're finished with your transmutation circle," Ed began explaining, "simply put the hay in the middle and..." he trailed off placing a hand on either side of the smaller circle he had made on his desk. Little sparks crackled up from the table before the subsided. "tada~" he sang holding up a little hay doll.

"We're making dolls," Seifer huffed from the back of the class.

"Yes because it's good practice," Ed nodded folding his arms over his chest, the look in his eyes just daring Seifer to argue further.

"Shouldn't we be learning to make weapons for fighting, ya know" Rai backed Seifer up to which Ed just shook his head.

"We are making dolls because one, there is so much more to life then violence and two, technically we're not supposed to be starting transmutations yet but I decided it would be more fun to start off with a little bit of practical stuff rather than simply bombarding you with theory." Ed lectured. This was actually only the second year the subject of Alchemy had been at the school so it was relatively new for everyone. Seifer and Rai begrudgingly slid back in their seats before Ed instructed the class to try making their own dolls.

"I think my hay is faulty," Sora sighed lifting it up before sprinkling it back onto his desk. It had been about five minutes since they started and no one was having any luck with it.

"Let's have a look," Ed walked over giving his desk a quick glance. "It's not the hay. I'd check your transmutation circle again, it's not quite right." Sora hurriedly looked between his circle and the example on the board. Eye's peeled, brow creased in concentration before he let out a groan and face planted to his desk not seeing any problems. On seeing he's struggle Al rushed over to help.

Elsewhere Demyx was having trouble too. "This is impossible, how are you supposed to do this?" he whined.

"Like this," Zexion replied flatly as he placed his hands on his desk. Little sparks flew before he turned back around to Demyx who was sat behind him, holding a perfect little doll.

"I hate you," Demyx pouted childishly.

"I'll help you," Zexion sighed.

"I love you!" Demyx cheered as Zexion shuffled closer.

You continued looking around the room quietly laughing to yourself at all the struggles most your class were having. All of a sudden a chill ran down your spin and a sense of dread washed over you. A dark presence was near. You hurriedly looked around trying to see where it was coming from but finding nothing.