Chapter 42 ~ I'll ask the questions!

Chapter 42

It was 3 am by the time you managed to get back to the academy. You had spent the majority of the trip back in silence. Cloud and Tifa piloted the ship up front while you, Zexion and Ventus went to the cabin. Zexion had gone to ask you something a few times but you just glared him off, not in the mood to answer questions. You were too busy thinking. Trying to piece all the information together. Trying to remember your past you'd long since forgot. You were surprised you hadn't burned holes through the back of Ven's head with the ferocity in which you'd been staring at him. He'd curled up in bed the moment you'd returned to the ship and remained there the entire trip. It seemed he wasn't in the mood to answer any questions either but you had so many things you wanted to ask.

You knew it was too early in the morning for anyone to be up and you did have class in a few hours but there were too many things floating around your head to go to sleep. You needed to get it all out, so with that thought you knocked on the door.

It only took a couple of seconds for you to hear shuffling coming from the room.

"Seriously! What the hell? Do you know what ti-" Kurosaki stopped his complaining as he opened the door to see you waiting on the other side.

"What's up? What happened? Come in." his words rushed out as he went wide eyed before stepping out of the way to let you in. He led you over to the couch where he'd obviously been sleeping, pulling the crumpled blanket away before gesturing for you to sit down.

"You look like you've uncovered something?" he pressed.

"Not enough," you sighed slumping down on the couch in defeat.

"What happened?" he slumped down next to you turning side ways to look at you better. With that you spilled your guts. You told him everything from Vanitas' appearance with a Dark Thorn, to him mentioning some sort of experiment and even his weird interactions with Ventus.

At some point, you must have dosed off because before you knew it you were waking up to the sun in your eyes. You yawned as you took in your surroundings. You were now laying across the couch with a blanket on top of you. Looking up you could see Kurosaki sitting in front of his mass of computer screens while an endless torrent of clicking computer keys played like an offbeat song.

You got up off the couch and walked over to him, looking over his shoulder to see endless pages of information.

"Wow, you been doing this all morning?" You asked eyes skimming over the pages.

"Since you feel asleep," he didn't look away from what he was doing as his fingers continued to dance across the keys. You continued to watch him in amazement for a few moments longer before his movement suddenly halted. You almost jumped in surprise before he twirled around to face you in his swirly chair.

"Right so this is what I have so far." He picked up a couple of the pages, glancing over them as he spoke. "I listened to the recordings you had on you and most of it was just what you'd told me. I started by looking in to Ventus and funnily enough ten years ago he just poofs into existence. There is absolutely no record of him before that. Therefore, it's safe to say he was definitely a part of whatever connects you to Vanitas from back then."

"Where did he first pop up? Were there any questions posed as to where he come from at that time?" you pressed.

"First record of him was his admittance to an orphanage under the care of some guy called Eraqus. There's no record of who dropped him there, it just states that his parents were deceased." Kurosaki explained

"Damn," you sighed.

"I'm still going to attempt to contact Eraqus and see if I can find out anymore," he continued. "I also tried to look into any type of human experimentation that was happening in the span of the surrounding years but so far nothing seems to come up that involved children or hasn't already been resolved by the authorities. I'm also still looking in to that though." You just nodded along thoughtfully.