Chapter 14 ~ Poison!

Chapter 14

After a few minutes of lying on the ground energy-less you decided that the whole situation felt kind of trap like. In fact it had to be set up. That was the only conclusion. Well it was the only conclusion that made you feel a little better about being beat to a pulp otherwise you had just gotten incredibly rusty.

‘Me, rusty.’ You chuckled to yourself before wincing in pain at the movement of your stomach. ‘Impossible’ you finished. Now you had concluded it was a set up that could mean someone or something was still out there and in your current condition that was not a happy thought. With your last desperate attack your magic was running on empty so you would have to make it back on foot. Using every ounce of your will and determination you forced yourself into a seated position using your right arm and two shaky legs. Not the most promising start.  You managed to finally stand up and noticed the big puddle of red you had been lying in. Not good. You used your right hand as best you could to cover the whole in your stomach created by the tree branch though you didn’t have anything to stop the bleeding from your back. Oh well, just gonna have to hope you make it back before you pass out.

Your head was so fuzzy you couldn’t exactly remember how you got here all you knew was you were standing in front of a very familiar door. You had somehow stumbled all the way back to your dorm. ‘It’s late now,’ you thought to yourself. Everyone has probably gone to bed and you can sneak into the bathroom to start dealing with your wounds. You opened the door a little and immediately saw a bunch of heads turn your way. Damn it! You quickly closed the door so they couldn’t see how broken you were.

“She’s back,” you heard Sora cheer.

“Right when we had finished organising our search parties,” Leon added.

“Aren’t you coming in?” Axel called. Crap! Was the only thought that crossed your mind. Yeah your head was completely fuzzy but you had enough wits about you to know you had just stumbled into an extremely bad situation.

“------?” you heard Clouds voice on the other side of the door. Instantly you grabbed for the door knob in an attempt to keep the door closed but all that happened was that when Cloud pulled the door open you went flying inside.

“Ah,” you winced at the pain caused by the sudden movement. When Cloud saw you his eyes widened and his jaw dropped. His large frame blocked you from the others view so you were hoping there was still time to escape.

“I’m fine so I’m just gonna-“ your words were cut short when he swiftly and gently swept you up in his arms. In that instant you couldn’t physically fight it any longer, your body just gave out and refused to listen to you.

“Out of the way,” he ordered turning around with you hanging limply in his arms. You could vaguely here gasps from various places in the room as Cloud rushed toward your bed. He carefully placed you down though you still flinched a little. You hurt everywhere. You vaguely noticed everyone come rushing to your bed side as your mind slowly started to drift away.

“What the hell happened?” Axel sounded furious. Many other comments in varying tones of worry and anger were being thrown around but there was one that snapped your mind to attention.

“Who’s the best at white magic?” Riku asked. Bad idea! White magic is the exact opposite to dark magic. Dark mages aren’t only unable to use it but if it is used on them it acts more like a poison. Worst case scenario it can kill!

“No white magic,” you moaned recoiling as you tried to burry yourself in your sheets.

“Calm down ------, we can treat you don’t worry,” Genesis spoke in a soothing tone.