Chapter 20 ~ back to normal?!

Chapter 20

You had finished running your thirty-five laps with the rest of your classmates and gone back to get changed. When you left the change rooms you found Axel and Roxas leaning on the opposite wall. Evidently they were waiting for you as when you stepped out Axel kicked off the wall and walked over followed by Roxas.

“Come on, we’re going to go check out if Vincent’s patched up our room yet?” Axel grabbed your wrist and started pulling you along like he thought you’d try to escape.

“That’s fine, no objections here,” you pulled your arm back but kept following.

“You were awesome out there today -------,” Roxas said from the other side of you.

“Thanks, though it’s probably a good thing Makarov stopped us when he did,” You smiled to yourself.

“Why?” Roxas questioned.

“Normally when Ryner and I spar there is no winner. We just keep going ‘til we both run out of magic energy,” you laughed remembering some of your past battles and how they had ended with you both completely drained passed out on the floor. Ah good times.

“So you and Ryner are pretty close then?” Roxas asked.

“Yeah we’ve been through a lot together, I can always trust him to have my back.”

“Oh- ah- well um, how long have you two- um- been dating?” Roxas reluctantly asked. You almost tripped over at his question and burst into a fit of laughter. Both Axel and Roxas stopped to look at you funny.

“Me- dating Ryner,” You wheezed between giggles.

“So you’re not then?” Axel asked obviously curious too.

“He’s like a brother to me,” you explained, “I’ve never thought of him romantically ever.” You continued laughing.

“It’s just you two seemed very close,” Roxas tried to explain himself.

“We are, just in a different way,” you chuckled. “Anyway let’s keep going,” you all had stopped for this little conversation so you grabbed them both by the wrists and began pulling them down a corridor.

“Umm -----,” Axel grabbed your hand and pulled. “It’s this way,” he pointed to a hall you had just walked past.

“Oops, I knew that,” you gave a sheepish grin, this time you all began to laugh and remained that way all the way back to your dorm.

When you reached the ‘fantasy’ dorm hallway you noticed both your door and Vincent’s door across from yours was open. As the three of you got closer Vincent walked out of your room with an armful of tools.

“Hey Vincent, all the repairs done?” Axel called toward him.