Chapter five~ A Great hand!

Chapter 5

You walked into the room still holding your breath to be greeted by a loud bang and streamers going off in your face.

“What’s this,” You deadpanned at Makarov as he danced on the spot after setting the streamers off.

“Surprise,” He sang, “I decided to throw a welcome party in your honour.” There was a large table in the middle of the room where all the teachers seemed to be gathered around.

“You just wanted to celebrate didn’t you,” you shook your head and sighed.

“There’s never a bad time for a celebration,” Makarov cheered. “And you helping us here is one of the best reasons to celebrate.”

“About that, you never actually asked whether I would actually stay here or not,” You pointed out.

“What?” Makarov’s eye’s widened.

“I see you just assumed I would stay,” You said in a teasing tone. “Even after the trick you pulled with the dorms,” you raised an eyebrow as you saw Makarov’s mind reeling a mile a minute trying to think of why you should stay.

“Wait you’re telling me we threw a party and she’s not even going to stay?” A man with a deep voice said as he kicked back in his chair placing both feet on the table. He had a long dark blue pony tail and was wearing a long black coat.

“Yeah she hasn’t even said hello yet,” a short, cute looking guy with blonde hair pouted.

“Yeah ------, you haven’t even greeted me yet,” you looked over to see Ryner. He was one of you old war buddies and you hadn’t seen him in about a year since you last went on a quest together. He had the same old messy brown hair and he wore his signature blue cloak which you swear he never took off.

“What on earth are you doing here?” you looked at Ryner stunned.

“Teaching of course,” he replied simply.

“Really? Cause I find it hard to believe you could teach anyone,” You gave him a smirk.

“Yeah well believe it. You’re looking at Radiant Academy’s Magical Combat instructor. Now don’t be late to class” He mocked you.

“I suppose you could handle Magical Combat. You did learn from the best,” You said proudly.

“Hey all my magical combat was self-taught, you just gave me little helpful advice that’s all.” He gave you his ‘you’re starting to bug me’ glare and you couldn’t help but laugh.

“It’s good seeing you again any way,” You chuckled.

“Yeah, yeah don’t go getting mushy on me,” He waved you off taking a sip of his tea.

“S class quests,” Makarov exclaimed suddenly gaining the whole rooms attention.

“What about them?” a guy with white hair and red mark over his left eye asked.

“That’s why ------ is going to stay because this is the only place she can take on ‘S’ class quests.” Makarov exclaimed.

“But she’s a student she can’t take on quests, students can only tag along on quests if asked by a faculty member.” An overly brawny man with a small tufted of blonde hair stated.

“ -------- is not your average student I bought her here for a purpose. While she is at this Academy she will have full access to ‘S’ class quests, she will have scheduled patrol duty around the school and she will be required to defend the school if it is ever in crisis,” Makarov told the teachers.