Chapter 30 ~ A little investigation!

Chapter 30

"It's time to get up ------," Tifa's voice was quiet as she gently tried to wake you. The complete opposite to your usual roommates. You just groaned a little and rolled over.

"Up, Up, Up!" Yuffie cheered jumping on you. You giggled at the familiarity.

"I'm up," you sat up in Tifa's bed rubbing your eyes. Tifa sat down next to you with a half-smile on her face.

"So are you going to tell us why you decided to come over in the middle of the night?" she asked.

"Boy's are stupid," you sighed flopping back down to which Tifa just laughed.

"They probably got sick of her and booted her out," Kairi snickered from her bed on the opposite wall. Yuffie threw a pillow at her causing her to storm into the bathroom in a huff.

"Well your welcome here anytime those smelly boys get too annoying," Yuffie pulled a funny face. You just laughed at her before getting ready for the day too.

When you had gotten back to the academy last night you left the boy's before they could even say anything. Not that they were going to. It looked like Zack felt sort of bad for pushing your buttons but Axel and Gray were just as angry as you were. Both parties mad that the other wouldn't trust them.

You had surprised Tidus and Genesis when you burst into your room. They were full of questions like 'What time do you think this is?' and 'Where did you disappear to in the afternoon?' but you just walked in, grabbed your stuff for today before making your way to the girl dorms. Tifa let you take her bed no questions asked which was a nice change from the guys who were forever asking, why?

The girls had wanted you to go have breakfast with them but you just told them you had an appointment with Makarov and waved goodbye on the way to his office. No you didn't really have an appointment but you did have questions and you had to brief him on how the mission had gone.

When you got to his door you knocked, his voice called back instantly for you to come in so you pushed open the door and strolled in.

"------," he smiled looking up at you over the paperwork on his desk. "Here to tell me about your mission."

"Yep," you replied slipping into the chair across from him.

"Well how was the Calm Lands? Bump into any familiar faces?" He asked still smiling.

"What do you mean Calm Lands?" You tilted your head in confusion.

"That's where the mission was?" Makarov tilted his head to match yours his statement sounding more like a question.

"No, we went to Wonderland," You told him.

"Why'd you go there?" he raised a brow.

"Because that's where the mission said to go."

"Not the mission I picked for you." He shook his head.

"Well that's the one Kyoya sent us on," you explained.

"What did you do there?" Makarov sat up straighter looking ever so slightly worried. You didn't know what was worrying him but you didn't want to tell him about Vanitas. At least not yet.

"It was the lamest 'S' class quest ever," you sighed "we spent most our time walking through the woods gathering information before finally finding the target, only to find out it was a miss understanding and there was no big, scary, monster to beat up."