Chapter 16~ I don't need a baby sitter!

Chapter 16

“Hey Makarov, it’s me,” you knocked on his office door.

“Come in~” He sang from the other side of the door. You entered the extravagant room and you had to mentally will yourself not to laugh. In the middle of the room was a large desk with a grand throne like chair sat behind it. Makarov sat on the chair but he was so short he was sitting on three red velvet cushions just to be able to see over the table. You cleared your throat to cover up an escaped giggle. You were so preoccupied with the humorous scene it took a moment to realize the two of you weren’t alone. A boy who looked about your age with a short blonde plait sat in one of two chairs across from Makarov.

“Come and sit ------,” Makarov gestured to the other chair. You walked over and sat down wondering what was with the extra company.

“If you’re worried cause of what happened last night as you can see I’m perfectly fine.” You gestured to yourself.

“Really because I now have a twenty metre radius area of dust where there should be a forest that disagrees with you,” Makarov raised an eyebrow.

“Yeah, well there was this slight accident,” you gave a sheepish grin.

“Oh, an accident? So tripped an accidently disintegrated my forest.”

“Well no. See I was attacked and well… who’s this?” you changed the subject pointing a finger at the boy sitting next to you.

“------ meet your new partner for patrol duty,” Makarov gave a smile.

“What?” your jaw dropped. He knew you didn’t like working with others. It restricted what you were able to do in battle.

“Hi I’m Edward Elric,” the boy grinned and offered you a hand.

“Edward here is going to make sure you don’t destroy any more of my school grounds,” Makarov smiled happy with himself.

“But I-“ you tried to argue.

“No buts it’s been decided your next shift is tomorrow night and Ed will pick you up from your room,” Makarov explained.

“But his just a kid,” You looked Ed up and down.

“Hey I’m older than you I’m your Alchemy professor.” Ed pouted.

“Really?” you gave him another look up and down “but your so sh-“

“Don’t say it ------!” Makarov leapt across the table to cover your mouth.

“Short?” Edward seethed an evil aura surrounded him. He shot straight out of the chair sending it toppling backward. “How dare you call me a pipsqueak you midget. I’m at least a good foot taller than you!” he yelled flailing his arms steam literally pouring from his ears.

“Yeah I don’t think so,” you dead panned.

“Why you-“ Ed began waving his fist at you. All of a sudden Makarov cast a spell and Ed went floating at the door yelling and flailing.

“Thanks for stopping by Ed talk to you later,” Makarov called as the door closed and locked behind him.

“Well isn’t he the charmer,” You sighed sarcastically.

 “Don’t ever mention his height if you want to get along with him,” Makarov sighed plopping back onto his stack of pillows.

“Dooley noted, now Makarov that’s not all you wanted to talk about right? I’m betting you talked to Ryner and Sebastian by now.” The mood turned serious.