Chapter 36 ~ A City Sleeps!

Chapter 36

"A mission? What?" Ventus still seemed confused.

"So it was you that asked us here -------," Tifa was the first to step forward.

"Yep." It was sort of you.

"You're not taking Ventus too are you?" Kurosaki's voice was in your ear.

"So the five of us are going on a mission," you smiled to the group as you answered Kurosaki's question.

"Nope, not allowed. I only gave you enough equipment for four people," Kurosaki ordered. You ignored him. If Ventus went back and told certain people you'd prefer not to know, about your leaving, that would be quite inconvenient. Therefore, solution, he comes too.

"What have you got for us today?" you strode toward Kyoya's desk.

"Don't ignore me!" Kurosaki's voice boomed into your ear piece causing you to flinch a little. You reached up to your ear and much to Kurosaki's protests, he could obviously see what you were doing, casually slipped out the earpiece and pocketed it so no one noticed.

"Looking for 'S' class?" Kyoya reached for some documents from where he sat behind his desk.

"Always," your grin had a hint of mischief.

"Are we allowed to be doing this?" Zexion questioned. You were about to answer but were beaten to it.

"------, has permission and is allowed to bring whoever she pleases," Kyoya answered.

"Mm'kay," Cloud accepted easily, joining you by Kyoya's desk to see what he had. Kyoya pulled through a small pile of papers until he found what he was looking for.

"This is urgent, you might like to take it," He handed you the paper. Your group huddled around looking over your shoulder as Kyoya continued to explain. "The world itself is quite a distance away but it's a request from the magic council. There is a strong dark essence leaking from its surface which is also causing havoc in nearby worlds therefore they want the source found and taken care of. The source of the darkness has been tracked to a location on the world, known as Iwatodai. There is one other matter that should be handled with delicacy. This world is unaware of the presence of others and it is important to keep it that way."

"Sounds perfect," You grinned. A world full of darkness sounded like the perfect place for Vanitas to show up.

"And this is the team you're taking?" Kyoya continued.

"Yes," you confirmed.

"Then here you go." He reached behind the desk and handed over a copious amount of paper work.

"Anyway we could skip the paper work?" You prayed he'd say yes with your best 'please' smile.

"We must adhere to formalities," he held out a pen.

After twenty minutes of rushing through pointless papers you were finally on your way and about to board your gummie ship.

"Who's going to piolet?" you asked turning to your team.

"I can do it," Cloud was the first to offer as you walked up the ramp and into the ship.

"Great." You couldn't help but smile to yourself. This team already seemed way easier to organise than your last.

The first thing you noticed when you entered the bridge was an out of place paper bag sitting on the control panel. Odd. You walked over to check it out before the others could spot it. Picking it up you noticed a small note taped to the outside which read: You owe me. Signed with a small picture of a daisy. Opening the bag, you found another communicator so you were no longer one short. You found it really surprising just how helpful Kurosaki could actually be. Putting it in the shoulder bag, Kurosaki had given you, you turned back to the others.