Chapter 23~ Prey or Predator!

Chapter 23

A/N: Hey guys super-duper sorry about the wait! My bad. Anyway happy reading~ :)

After your little meeting with Kurosaki last night you now had him working his butt off trying to find out who this Vanitas guy was. You had made a deal that for every piece of relevant information he gave you, you would tell him something about yourself. You stayed with him most the night but nothing had come up. Eventually he sent you back to your room saying he’d contact you when he’d found something. You’d been moping around all morning waiting to hear something from him.

You’d been pretty out of it throughout your first class Mechanics. Although you were abruptly snapped back to attention when you may have accidentally, sorta, just a little blew up whatever gizmo Cid had handed you to work on. With your quick magic reflexes you had managed to contain the blast however the rubble was unrecognisable. You had no idea what you’d just blown up. Oops.

On your way too your next class, English Lit, you were doing your best to continue ignoring the sniggers and giggles of your classmates. They thought your little mishap was hilarious. Still not knowing your way around this maze of a school you were forced to continue following the giggling mass of classmates. In your attempt to ignore your class your ears picked up on a jovial little tune being chanted happily somewhere further up the hall. As you got closer to the tune the happily chanted lyrics became apparent.

“High school girls, high school girls, lots and lots of high school girls,”

Wow this school really is filled with perverts.

The tune came to an abrupt stop as your class began filing through a door way.

“Morning everyone,” The same Jovial voice cheered. “I’m Shigure Sohma your new English literature teacher.” The class slowly settled into their seats when a puzzled look crossed Shigure’s face. “Where are the rest of the female students?” His eyes flashed around the room looking at the very few female faces in the room.

“This is everyone, our class is mostly male,” Genesis explained. Shigure’s face visibly dropped as his eyes scattered around the room once more before the corner of his mouth menacingly rose into a smirk.

After fifteen minutes of arguing, Shigure had finally gotten the class into a seating plan. The girls filled the front rows and then the boys were down the back.

“Now let’s begin class,” He winced holding an icepack to the side of his mouth.

You could tell Shigure’s mood was improving as the lesson continued, picking up on the fact that his relentless humming turned into a song about high school girls and miniskirts. You were starting to wonder whether slightly insane was a requirement for teaching at this school cause it certainly applied to the majority of your teachers.

Finally the class was over and it was off to recess.

“Hey -----,” Yuna called you over as you filed out of the room. Breaking out of the flood of students you went over to where she was standing with Rikku and Paine.