44.The Miseducation Of Cameron Post

This is a queer coming of age movie which in contrast to 'But I'm a Cheerleader'- which is more satirical- focuses on the serious and adverse effects of conversion therapy on young queer kids

Chloe Grace Moretz definitely deserved an Oscar for her performance in it. Not only her but every other actor embraced their roles and brought the flim to it's full potential.

Although there's a edge of seriousness throughout the movie we get comic relief in the form of teenage sarcasm which I love. It was also interesting to each teenager share their first experience with same-sex attraction and then blame it on something they experienced in past or the way they were raised.

It was heartbreaking for me to see that Cameron and almost every other teenager in camp almost believed that something was truly wrong with them.

This eventually that lead to a mental breakdown of one of them followed by tragedy which subsequently lead to many other mental breakdowns.

The movie ends with Cameron and her friends -the ones who finally tired of the bullshit they were brainwashed into- running away from the camp to start a new life. Some scenes made cry and some made me laugh but above all it made me wonder about the people who actually face such abuse in real life.