70. Kill Boksook

Language: Korean

Language: Korean

This is like a Korean version of John Wick except with a killer milf assassin with equally badass lesbian daughter, enjoyable and well choreographed fight scenes, men dying and getting what they deserve and with a mix of humor. Overall it's kind of satisfying.

I also like how the coming out arc of the daughter is carried out, it is realistic, the protagonist takes some time to understand the situation, decides she loves her child too much to let such a thing come between them and apologizes for her previous reaction. It isn't perfect but humans never are.

Although I do like almost everything about the movie , there are some things which were disturbing to me. Like the fact that some Alabama incesty type shit was going on between the brother-sister antagonist duo and that the brother liked the MC while she was 17 AND reminded him of his sister. I mean what the heck was all that!!!?

I wouldn't say that the ending for our baby gay was bad even though she didn't end up with anybody in fact she looked really cool at the end walking of the room like an absolute chad. Though the ending was a bit anti climatic I don't mind especially when it leaves room for sequel with a lesbian assassin.