90. 3 Generations

Vote for more recommendations!!!

 This film is about a trans teenager transitioning from ftm who lives with his mom and lesbian grandmothers, this was definitely an interesting enough premise for me to watch this film

This film is about a trans teenager transitioning from ftm who lives with his mom and lesbian grandmothers, this was definitely an interesting enough premise for me to watch this film. I will talk about the sapphic side of the film rather than the trans side because I don't know if I could give a proper perspective about that. Although from what I have heard this film did not particularly do a good job of showing the trans experience, even I thought having Elle Fanning play a trans MAN was not a good choice.

Now coming back to our lesbian grandmothers, they were my favourite part of the film, I loved their old married couple dynamic, which I guess they are an old couple although not married. The way they were domestic with each other, was so natural, I mean one of them standing as a watchout so the other would pee on the roadside is peak domestic.

It's nice to see old married sapphics in films where there is no drama, no cheating, they are simply existing. Especially as the last I had watched was 'The Kids Are Alright' which was so bad it ruined my day and I can't even bring myself to review such a film. I also liked the ending as everyone had character development and apologised to Ray for their bigotry and he got a Mamma Mia-type family with a mom and 2 dads and lesbian grandmas.