86.The Incredibly True Adventure of Two Girls in Love

Vote for more recommendations!!!

For @Bboyshow

I can readily admit that I usually avoid watching old queer films as I am scared they might end in death or some tragedy but this film exceeded my expectations, not only it has a happy ending but the plot, characters, chemistry and almost every fucking thing is better than most of the movies released in recent decades.

The plot is simple, following the love story between the rich popular girl and the rebel smoker outsider, which by the way is one of my favourite tropes, but what made it so good is its execution. Even the side characters play their parts perfectly.

This film is just a peak lesbian comfort film, despite the cute things like passing around notes, sharing books, and listening to music together, my favourite part of the movie is definitely when Evie's mom chases them around the house, It is hilarious, also the film being dedicated to the director's first girlfriend just made me die!

The only complaint I had was Randy having an affair with a married woman as 17 years old, What was even wilder was the husband of the said married woman coming to beat up a child instead of confronting his predator gf. But they break up very quickly so it's easy to ignore, so other than that this is just a perfect film to cuddle to or snuggle into a blanket if you are single like me(🥲).