55.The Girl King

I can't believe I didn't know about Queen Christina before this movie

I can't believe I didn't know about Queen Christina before this movie. As it turns out she's a badass lesbian queen who never settled for a man and also a nerd who gets turned on while having sex on top of the devil bible. (No judgement tho)

The movie mainly focuses on her affair with her handmaiden who was her first same sex experience and her devotion to Descartes and books.

The movie in overall was mediocre at best and I felt they couldn't depict all the layers of a complex character like Christina but there are some scenes which I loved and it gave me the push to finish the whole movie.

I loved when Christina literally declared the countess to be her bed-warmer and the chancellor was like "they're gal-pals" and also the savage way she made her cousin who was in love with her for years into her SON and then went away to live the life the way she wants.

Her affair with the Countess was cute while it lasted but ended tragically when Sparre was brainwashed into thinking it was wrong. Ngl I laughed when Christina also over dramatically threw herself into ice cold water in grief to her lover's marriage to a man.

It is said that Christina continued to have many lesbian affairs after her abdication and I stan her for it.