51.My Days Of Mercy

This film is very different from the wlw movies we usually get to see and that definitely wasn't a bad thing

This film is very different from the wlw movies we usually get to see and that definitely wasn't a bad thing. The plot is based on the controversial topic of death penalty, the movie tries to show a middle ground on that.

I loved that the romance sub plot between Lucy and Mercy was based on something other than them being gay and their relationship felt real and intimate which was helped with the lead characters having amazing chemistry with each other.

Although I loved that the movie is based on such a controversial topic, I felt that they weren't able to bring a depth to the subject which they desperately tried. At times the film also felt uneventful and slow but the 3 intimate scenes between Mercy and Lucy definitely helped with that.

I couldn't help but feel a little unsatisfied by the ending. The relationship between our gays was filled with passion with them showing each other their most vulnerable parts and they could easily gotten a happy ending but that was ruined by Mercy already having a hidden boyfriend which was unnecessary to plot.

The film has a open ending with the hint of our gays having a possible reconciliation but for me the whole vibe of their relationship was already ruined. The film might not be for everyone but you should definitely give it a try.