74.Atomic Blonde

I  didn't appreciate this film fully until I went on to search for another action film with a queer female in the lead who is actually shown having a relationship with another woman not because she is a mission or target but because she is actuall...

I  didn't appreciate this film fully until I went on to search for another action film with a queer female in the lead who is actually shown having a relationship with another woman not because she is a mission or target but because she is actually interested. So this is a one of a kind film.

It's uniqueness aside, I will readily admit that after watching this film all I wanted was for Charlize Theron to do me like she did the French assassin. It's without doubt has one the hottest smut scenes in the history of cinema and made me feel a lot of things.

Another thing I love about this movie is that Lorraine isn't some kind of femme fatale as most of female assassins and agents in cinema are shown to be. She doesn't have seduce or sleep her target to kill them, she just puts a bullet through their head. She forms a relationship with Delphine because she is actually interested in her not for information or to use her, she has a emotional connection to her.

Whether it be the plot, action scenes or the cinematography, this is one of the best films. My only complaint is Delphine was killed at the end otherwise this could have easily been in my top 5 queer films. In my head they got together after the mission was over and lived happily afterwards and nobody is allowed to tell me otherwise.