91. The Favourite

Vote for more recommendations!!!

As much as I like discovering underrated indie gems, I LOVE it when lesbian films get high production and with a good cast and direction

As much as I like discovering underrated indie gems, I LOVE it when lesbian films get high production and with a good cast and direction. As a fair warning, this film is in no way about romance, it's about lust, power, manipulation and morally grey women (my favourite kind) and I absolutely loved it.

It was just hilarious in an absurd way, and I never expected the Queen of England to be the most relatable person ever but the way she threw tantrums at every little thing and pretended to faint to get out of the meeting, she is my soul spirit. But I am absolutely jealous of  Olivia Colman for getting the opportunity to be topped by Rachel Weiz cause I too would like her to choke me against the bed because she was jealous, and I'm not gonna lie I replayed this scene more than the appropriate amount of time.

Although it was 'Abigail' who was technically the 'Favourite' in the end, without a doubt it was Sarah who was in the queen's heart and I hated Abigail for burning those letters and creating misunderstandings. I mean although Sarah was obviously a manipulative bitch but she never let the Queen suffer and the way they called each other 'Mrs Morley' and 'Mrs Freeman' was my favourite thing ever.