45.Princess Cyd

It's a slice of life about Cyd, a 16 year old teenager visiting her aunt

It's a slice of life about Cyd, a 16 year old teenager visiting her aunt. It mainly focuses on her relationship with her aunt and exploration of her sexuality during her time there.

The movie shows her romance with Katie.
They're sweet and cute but it's not a serious relationship, just two kids exploring their sexuality and having fun around each other.

My favourite character in the movie is definitely Cyd's aunt, Miranda, she's a guardian figure I wish I had in my life. She was totally cool and supportive after learning about Cyd's sexuality and not only that she also introduced her to some other Lgbt+ people to make her feel comfortable.

I loved the transition in the Cyd and her aunt's relationship from two awkward yet polite people who just met each other to two people who learn to trust, encourage and love one another.

Though the movie is not without it's flaws, there are some subplots which I felt went nowhere like one of an attempted sexual which was not addressed again. But overall I liked the movie.

The film ends on a sweet note and although Cyd returns to her hometown after the visit, she and Katie are hinted to be ready for something more, like being girlfriends.