52.Vita & Virginia

This movie is based on the real life story of famous writers Virginia Woolf and Vita Sackville West

This movie is based on the real life story of famous writers Virginia Woolf and Vita Sackville West. Their love story is one of the most legendary and dramatic sapphic love affair in history which also inspired Virginia Woolf to write her greatest work "Orlando".

I mean imagine loving someone so much that you write a literary masterpiece for them. That was what Vita was to Virginia.

Despite that, this period piece might not be everyone's cup of tea cause even with it's beautiful costumes and artful settings the movie falls behind in many cases.

Except some few moments of softness and some moving soulful lines I would often get bored and there was too many conversations about men for it to be a love story between two women.

But still you might want to hang around to see a 5’7 Gemma Arterton topping a 6’3 Elizabeth Debicki. I loved seeing Vita thirsting and falling for our shy, awkward bottom that is Virginia. The movie really said short top rights.

Unfortunately the movie ends with Virginia ending her relationship with Vita and having a dramatic break up. Even though they are said to remain friends afterwards I was sad they didn't stay together.