59.City Of Trees

Indie films are usually not my type but like many others, I can't resist the gay

Indie films are usually not my type but like many others, I can't resist the gay. It is a Christmas rom-com where a cranky lesbian goes back to her hometown, deals with some trauma and gets it on with her highschool crush.

Admittedly this definitely wasn't the best sapphic film I have ever seen. The audio was trashy and the lightning and editing were rough around the edges but it was understandable with their low budget.

Other than that the actors overall had good chemistry with each other. Some scenes were awkward and some were very intimately real. Altogether it was mumblecore angst, slow and very tree inclusive yet enjoyable.

One of our main lead, Alexandra, despite being in her late 20s had no idea what she wants from her life and I felt this was a thing  many people could relate to.  As for our other gay, Sophie, I loved her personality but damn does she have long ass nails!!! She's definitely gonna have to cut those in near future. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It's a rom-com so obviously they get a happy ending even if it was a little abrupt. So this wasn't my type of movie but it was awkwardly cute and you should definitely see it if you're into those.