Chapter 43

Cameron's POV
~~~
"I'm sorry, Cameron. There's nothing we can do." the doctor looks at my mom then back at me. I start to cry. My career is finished. My dreams of playing in Europe. DONE! "What about rehab?" my dad asks him who was flipping through my chart. He shakes his head in disapproval. I look to my dad.

"I'll go make some calls." he says before leaving the room. This can't be it. The tears pours down my face. Riley sits on my bed, trying to calm me down. "I hate him!" I started to say, covering my face. I hated him...so why can't I stop thinking about him?

"Good morning." I open my eyes. Thank God that was just a dream. I stretch and sit up in my bed. "How'd you sleep?" the new nurse asks me. I smile. "I've slept better." I admit to her. She hands me my medication. "This is for the swelling." she explains. I nod. She gives me one last smile before leaving. "Um!" I say, calling her back. Never caught her name.

"Where's Alex?" I then ask her. She smiles. "He just got off. He left you a note right there." she tells me. Huh? I look to where she pointed to the note on a table that read 'Cameron'. "Thank you." I finally thank her. She leaves. I pick up the paper that was folded to make it stand. I had no idea what it could be about. I started to read it.

I didn't want to wake you so, I decided to write you this note. I'm so sorry for the last few days you've had. You don't deserve anything like that. I have some good news for you! I've talked to your doctor and she said that you should be ok to go home as early as tonight! Yay! But, the real reason I'm writing you is because I wanted to ask you to dinner, or a movie. Whatever you want. I don't want to over step because I know you just got out of a relationship but thought I could take your mind off it.

All the best,

Alex <3

I smile. He's so sweet, but it's way too soon. I need to talk to him. He said I get to go home today?! Wow! I sink into my bed and turn as I hear a knock on my door. It was Sydney. I smile. "Hey girl." Sydney let's herself in. "Hey." I reply, stuffing the note under my leg. "I heard what happened." she tells me, taking a seat at the bottom of my bed. I give her a soft smile.

"How're you feeling?" Sydney then asks me. I shrug. "Edwin didn't send me. You can relax." she laughs. That was exactly what I was thinking. I sigh. "Did you know that he caused this?" I ask her, fighting back tears. I've shed way too much because of him. Sydney places her hand on my cast. "Cameron." she calls me. I look at her. She then begins to laugh. I look at her confused.

"I'm sorry. I don't mean to laugh." she clears her throat. "Cam. What you and Edwin have is incredible. You're just gonna throw that away?" she asks me. I roll my eyes. "Sweetheart. Edwin had a fuckboy past. That can't be changed." she starts to say. I listen. "He loves you." she tells me.

A nurse walks in with some papers. "Can you give us a minute?" Sydney asks her before putting her attention back on me. She then leaves. "He broke her heart, Sydney." I try to show her where I was coming from. Sydney doesn't say anything. "Ok. I need to go get my results." Sydney gets up to leave. For what? "Results?" I ask her. She turns. "I'll be back." is all she says before leaving.

Brandon's POV
~~~
I just left the mall with a bunch of baby shit. I already told Sydney, if anything were to happen, I'll be there for her. I'll always be there for her. I stuff the balloons into the backseat of my car and headed to her place. I hope this isn't too much. I park in the driveway and hopped out. I grabbed the teddy bear I bought and headed to the front door.

I call Sydney but she doesn't answer. Shit. I knock on the door and the door opens maybe 30 seconds later. It was her dad. "Oh- Hi Mr. Olivera." I say with a smile. He just looks at me. I clear my throat. "Is Sydney there?" I ask him. He steps out the house, closing the door behind him. Ah shit. I step back. I then here a car pull into the driveway.