Chapter 41

A/N

oops. this is WELL overdue. hope it doesn't disappoint. expect some mistakes... just saying.

this is a notice to this book ending soon. maybe I'll go all the way until Chapter 50. who knows. k bye.

Cameron's POV
~~~
"There's definitely a fracture in there. Better call an ambulance." my heart breaks as I hear those words. I look at Ian, Edwin and Ansley who were all surrounding me on the field. They all looked so sorry for me. "It can't be that bad." I say in disbelief. I manage to get up only using my right leg.

"Cameron! You don't want to make it worse!" Ian says too late as I put weight on my left ankle. "AHH!" I say in pain as I fall back to the ground. Edwin comforts me. "It's gonna be ok." he says, kissing my forehead. This better not cost me next season.

FEW HOURS EARLIER

Cameron's POV
~~~
My game starts just before 4th period so I spent my day with Ansley. "I can't believe Austin broke his arm." I say still shocked about the horrible news. "Ya. You should've seen the hill he fell down." she mentions for the 30th time. I roll my eyes making her laugh.

"Ladies." Zion and Nick interrupts our conversation. Nick threw his arm over me and Zion did the same to Ansley. We continued to walk. "Germs." I say, matching their energy and tone. I get a laugh from Nick. "In honour of your big win today..." Nick trails off to Zion. "We're throwing you girls a party." Zion finishes his pitch. I look at them both unimpressed.

"No?" Nick says as he noticed my reaction. His smile fades. "I'm so down!" Ansley approves this dumb idea. I look at her the same way I looked at the other 2. Ansley smiles at me. "Cameron cmon! When we win," she looks at the boys, "because we will," she starts to encourage them. I roll my eyes. She continues.

"We're gonna celebrate!" she cheers. She then continues walking with them, still talking about tonight. I shake my head. They're being way too cocky. I had other things in mind. Riley leaves for his tournament in Madrid tonight with my dad, my mom's visiting her parents which leaves the house all to myself. And Gucci.

My plan is to surprise Edwin with a chill night. First, I was planning to go go-karting or go to the trampoline park. To finish the night, movies and maybe a deep conversations. Lastly, I think I'm ready. I think we should take our relationship to the next level. To be honest, I don't really wanna go to the party tonight.

I take out my phone to check the time. There's about 20 minutes before we go for warm up. I decided to just walk my way to the cafeteria to just chill by myself and either kill that time on Netflix or TikTok.

I get there and Austin and Brandon were both on the stage, going over some moves. Must be for the competition coming up. I didn't want to disturb them so I sat at one of the tables and hopped on TikTok.

I scroll though my following because all I care about on this app is Ondreaz Lopez. Whew. Tony hits too but Ondreaz just hits different. If Edwin knew, he'll probably be all jealous and won't talk to me for hours.

I watched this one TikTok of Ondre where he danced to Vibe when Brandon scared the shit out of me. "Have you seen Sydney?" he asks, sitting beside me. I laugh. "No. What's up?" I ask him, putting my phone away. He sits beside me. "She's ignoring me." he admits. Sucks.

"Why?" I ask him. He looks at me and smiles. "You really wanna know?" he asks me with a chuckle. Maybe I don't. "Sure?" I answer unsure. He clears his throat. "Between me and you, I don't know if we're dating or not." he looks down. Huh?