Chapter 28 part 1

Edwin's POV
~~~
I thought if I slowed shit down with Cameron, I will feel better. That's not the case at all. I feel guilty as fuck, kind of... I think. Ok, not really but... still; whatever. "You're sleeping already?" Sydney asks me. Yeah, I know. "Why the fuck are you still there Edwin?" I can literally hear the guys asking me. I just— well, I don't know. "Just thinking." I finally answer her. She rolls over closer to me and touches my chest. Neat. Now, how do I let her down— fuck that, Sydney's my 'friend' so I could tell her anything straight up. "You know that was just for the fuck, right?" I ask her hoping she didn't expect anything more from me. She looks at me for a second. I raise a brow waiting for the answer. Hopefully it isn't one that would disappoint me. "Edwin!! You think I want anything to do with you?" she says laughing. Oh. That lowkey hurt. I laugh in relief. "So what are you gonna tell your dread headed friend?" she asks me, sitting up on her bed, putting a shirt over her naked self. I rise up onto my elbow. "I'll tell him... eventually..." I answer hesitantly. I knew Z really liked Sydney but I guess this was my shitty way to show him she ain't it. She slides on her panties and gets back into bed with me. "Why'd you get dressed?" I ask her. This really wasn't like her from what I remembered. She turns to face me. "I don't know, It's just not the same as it use to... you know?" she asks me. I had no idea if she meant me or... "This was like a rebound thing." she finally admits. I knew that but her admitting it made it seem like news to me. WAIT! "Rebound!?" I asked her. She gives me a straight face. "Didn't I just say that?" she says catching an attitude. Usually I would do something about that but, this is not the time. "Did you..." I say playing clueless so she can say it herself. "Yes. I do like Zion, ok?" she spits out. I throw my head back, laughing. This was too good. I look back at her. "So why did you fuck it up, SYDNEY?" I questioned her emphasizing her name. She had to know Zion liked her too. "How are you and Cam, EDWIN?" she fires at me, highlighting my name. I wasn't getting it. "You got scared and now you're here, with me." she states. I would be lying if I said it wasn't straight facts. I lie down on my back, taking in what she just said to me. "Me and you are exactly the same." she adds. I don't reply. I kinda zoned out to think. I could hear her talking but I didn't want to stop her so I let her talk. I'll just tell her I wasn't listening after. I knew I was kinda catching feelings for Cameron so I avoided her and fucked someone else, trying to change my feelings. In a way, it worked but, now I have a lot to fix. I don't know who it will be harder to tell. Zion, my best friend or Cameron my girl— my friend. Cameron is my friend. "EDWIN!" Sydney says slapping me. "Ow! What!" I answer her, annoyed. How rude of her. "Were you even listening to me asshole!" she snaps. I laugh. "Yeah... I meant to tell you. I wasn't listening." I say looking at her, laughing. She rolls her eyes. "So what now?" I ask her, pulling her closer. I already made the mistake, might as well go all out.

MORNING

I wake up in Sydney's bed. Shit! I didn't mean to stay the night. I'm supposed to pick up Zion for school today too. I push Sydney off of me and got out of her squeaky ass bed. I bet I fucked it up months ago... oops. "What the fuck Edwin!?" he says covering herself. She was pissed. I look at the time. FUCK! It's 8:12. I had no time to shower. Now I'ma smell like fucking Sydney. Hopefully Zion doesn't know her scent. I run to her bathroom and brushed my teeth with what I believe was her toothbrush. I rush back into her room, to her closet. I'm sure she has a shirt or something of mine. Nothing. "Where's my shit!!?" I snap at her in frustration. I can't believe they're not there anymore. I rush to put on my clothes from yesterday. She sits up. "I threw them away." she answers straight up. I pause from putting on my clothes and looked at her. "Why?" I asked shocked. "Why would I keep them?" she then asks. If I could remember correctly, I left my galaxy shirt here. I give her a straight face. "What did you expect me to do? You weren't my boyfriend or anything." she says beginning to laugh. Yeah, she's laughing now. I'm beginning to believe that she's really just trying to hurt me. "I have to go!" I say finishing getting dressed. She leaves her room for the bathroom, shaking her head. The last thing I had to put on were my shoes. "Did you use my fucking toothbrush Edwin!!?" I hear her yell. I laugh to myself. "Lol, yeah!" I answer her. "Bitch!" I hear her say to herself. I grab my phone from the floor. 'Twas a wild night. "Hey Sydney!" I call to her. She steps out of the bathroom. She was brushing her hair. "Can you like, I don't know, not come to school today. It'll help me A LOT." I ask her for the simple favor. Knowing her, she would probably have sprayed her perfume all over herself so people would know that It's her who I was with last night. "You're lucky I want to get my nails done." she answers. "I swear they're fine!" I say confused. I loved the color she had now. They were a grayish blue. I walk to the bathroom where she was. I grab her right hand to look at her nails. "They're fine idiot!" I tell her. I had no idea why she wanted them done again. "I'm bored of this color!! I want purple now!" she complains. I roll my eyes and headed out. "Later!" I say leaving her room. Her mom was in the kitchen. "Bye Karen!" I say finally leaving her house. Sydney's mom was so passive. She literally allows Sydney to do whatever she wants. It's actually crazy. I close the front door behind me and walked around my Mercedes and hopped in. Fuck do I smell like Sydney. I hope Zion doesn't notice. Maybe if I blast Juice WRLD, he won't pay attention to me, he'll just get in his feels. Sounds about accurate. I back out of the driveway and made my way to Z's. I get a call from Brandon on my way to Zion's. "Yeah!" I answer as I connected my phone to the car's bluetooth. "Where are you guys? We're all at school already!" he tells me as I turned onto Zion's street. I would've assumed they were all at school already. It was 8:39. "I'm picking up Z now! Later!" I say, ending the call. Once again, I really wasn't trying to hold a conversation. I pull into his driveway. He was sitting on the stairs, outside, looking super pissed. He shakes his head when he sees me and walks to the car. I start playing his what seemed to be his favorite artist. 'Lean Wit Me' was the first song to play once I shuffled 'Goodbye & Good Riddance'. He gets in and looks at me, trying to fight the urge to smile because this was his shit. I waited for him to crack.
He turns down the music. "One!" he starts. Here we go. "What the fuck!" he says. I look through the wind shield window. "Two! Why?" he asks. I'm guessing by why, he was referring to why was I late. I shrug making him just lean back in his seat. He turns the volume back up, to the max. "Lean with me, pop with me. Get high with me if you rock with me." the song plays and he lip syncs to it. That's new. "Smoke with me, drink with me. Fucked up liver with some bad kidneys." he then sings along as I began our 10 minute drive to school. "Weren't you wearing that yesterday?" Zion then asked me out of nowhere. Shit. I look at him, puzzled. "Saw it on your snap." he adds so he doesn't look a way. "Yeah." I answered straight up. There was no way I could lie on that if he clearly had the receipts. He starts to smirk. He was putting shit together. I change the song. 'Wasted' started. "Wasted, GTA love, bitches wasted!" I sing, trying to distract him. I looked at him and he was now smiling. "Who were you with last night?" he asked the question I wanted to avoid. I laugh awkwardly. The only way to get out of this one is play dumb. "Why do you think I was with someone last night?" I ask him, trying to throw him off. He looks at me for a second then looks out the window. "Alright man." he says, accepting my stubbornness. I stop at a stop light. He looks at me again, making me nervous. "You smell like girl bro." he tells me laughing. He gets closer to me to smell me to make sure. I'm praying he doesn't know. "Yeah. You smell like— I smelt that before..." he says returning back to his seat. I look out my window. He was silent, trying to trace where he's smelt that before. I guess he gave up. "You better do something before Cameron notices." he says disappointed. I laugh. The light turns green. "How do you know it wasn't Cameron?" I ask him. I really wanted to know why he thought it wasn't her. He laughs. "Was it?" he asks. That was a dumb question. Of course I wasn't with her. "No. But—" he cuts me off. "And you stayed the night!?" I pause and looked at him with another awkward smile. "No!" he says starting to die of laughter. I laugh because I didn't see what was funny. What was funny is that he really had no idea. I'm terrible for laughing. We finally make it to school. FUCK! I don't even have my bag. Hopefully I don't need anything from it. I get out of the car and walked with Zion into the school. Surprisingly, we weren't late.