TWENTY THREE

Two years ago

"Seriously.. That weirdo transferred to our class?" "I could see she's do it again" you hear people whispering around you. You just ignore them as your body shakes in fear as you see a horrible monster above the student's head in front of you. "I'm scared.." You mumbled as you repeat it many times. You don't realize that the boy with raven hair and his long eyelashes is just staring of you. She can see it, too.. He thought.

"Now, please sit in your seats" said the teacher as he entered the classroom. Everyone stopped whispering and sat in their seats. "Okkotsu, please look ahead" he said. You don't dare look ahead because the monster is in front of you. Everyone looks at you except that boy. "She's just wasting time. She should be transferred to another class" the student next to you mumbled as she glared at you. "Okkots-" "I can't take it anymore!!"  You cut the teacher's words as you ran out of class. "Such a weirdo"

The teacher sighed. "Fushiguro, go after her" he said. The boy was shocked. "Oh.. Fine" he got up from his chair and walked out of the classroom, chasing you.

You run, ignoring people looking at you until you bump into someone and fall on the floor. "Huh? Are you okay?" She said as she helped you stand up. You look at her, she is Fushiguro Tsumiki, the sister of your classmates. Before she said something, you immediately left her as you heard someone call your name.

Now that you're out of school, you're still on the school grounds. You're out of breath from running. Why can I see it? You thought until someone pulls your arm and leans you against the wall as his hand is on your right. "Yo, weirdo" is a gangster boy who beats a weak student. "Please let me go" you begged him to let you go but he just laughed. "Sure, if you let me record you doing your weird thing. I'll send it to all the students here" he said as he laughed. You gasped as your eyes widened. Suddenly his head was thrown something and he rubbed his head in pain. "Let her go" it was your classmate, Fushiguro Megumi. He made a ‘tch’ sound like he was starting to want to punch but Megumi immediately avoided himself and slammed the back of the man’s neck.

You just see the guy faint as you sweatdrop. W-wow.. "Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" he said. "Leave me alone" you said as you passed him but he grabbed your wrist. "Sensei wants you to go back to class" he said as he pulled you. "Let go of me!" He stopped pulling you, still holding your wrists. "You don't know why I ran. You didn't see it! Why can I see it?! I don't know what kind of that monster.."

"That's a curse spirit" your eyes widened as you looked at him. "What do you mean. You can see him too?" He gritted his teeth. "Yeah.. But I just make a fool of myself when I see it. You're not the only one who sees! There are other people around who can see! Can't you just act like a normal person?!" He yells as your tears filled up on your eyes. "I'm.. Scared" your start crying. "It has a creepy face. It's always around me. So I'm scared" he noticed your tears dripping on the floor.

He knows you're not a weirdo. You're just scared. You are not wrong, but people who hate or bully you are wrong. He immediately pulled you in his arms, making you surprise. "From now on, I will be around you"

"Fushiguro-kun?"

"Just call me Megumi"

What is this feeling? You both thought.

"Is that Fushiguro? Why is he holding that weirdo's hand?" "Does he support her?" Many people whispered as they saw you two holding hands. "Ignore them" he said. You two keep walking until you get to class.

"Why are you two so slow?" "Teacher is gone" they noticed that he was still holding your hand. "Fushiguro, is she your girlfriend now? Remember that she is 'weirdo'" said one of the class members as they all laughed. You two ignore them as sitting in your respective places. "Heh. I'm so jealous that he's holding your hand" said the student next to me, Fujinuma as her friend laughed. "Shut up" they were shocked as you said in a cold tone.

A weeks later

You come to school, try to act normal, promise Megumi that you won't be a weird person. As you walk into the school, you see the gangsters lying down as they are gathered in a hill. You see Takeda-san help them stand one by one. This must be Megumi-kun.

"What's up with her today?" "I don't know" "Why hasn't she been weird since last week?"

You saw Tsumiki throw a box of strawberry milk at Megumi, it spilled on him. You gasped.  Tsumiki is a good person, she doesn't like Megumi fighting with other people. "Oh, sorry. I didn't think spill it out" she apologized until her friend came to call her. She sighed as she turned around and saw you with widened eyes. "Please keep him from fighting, Y/n. You're his only friend" she said as she passed you.

"Megumi-kun. Are you okay?" you ran towards him as you took a tissue in your bag and wiped it on his wet part. Suddenly he grabbed your hand to stop you.

"I'm okay"