XXIII | Dinner

XXIII | Dinner

****

Sorry for the long-waited update, my mom took my phone and school has been sorta complicated, but here you go 😩 !

No.

This has got to be a joke right?

"Oh my gosh..." I sighed looking at the big rock on my finger.

I can't believe Alex's dad just let me have a one-hundred thousand dollar ring for free.

Well, technically, for his son's hand in marriage.

And yes, one hundred thousand.

"Alex, what are we going to do about this!?" I waved my hand in his face, signaling to the ring.

We are currently in a big SUV that was ordered by Mr. Carter for us to get in to go to the dinner that was going to be in a restaurant.

"I honestly don't know, princess," Alex sighed. "That ring is very gorgeous though."

"I know right, it is so– not the point!" I snapped myself out of that distraction,"I'm officially your fiancé. We need to fix this!"

"I don't know how. You think I'm supposed to know how to not make my enemy my fiancé?"

"No, but you need to come up with some ideas!" I snapped.

"Chill out, I don't even know why you being my fiancé is a bad thing."

did he really just say that?

"Snap out of it," I smacked the back of his head. "What are we going to do!? I don't know how to explain to your father that I don't want to marry his son! You're his son, so you should tell him!"

"Fuck no. I didn't even want to come to this dinner, nor do I want to say a damn word to him. So, it's up to you."

"Up to me!? I can't fucking marry my enemy!" I threw my hands in the air in frustration.

"Then do something about it." He shrugged.

"You say that like it's easy, dumbass!"

"That's because it is. Just tell him you don't want to marry me."

"It's not that easy!"