Prom, Part Two

PROM NIGHT.

****

"Ms. Smith, you have been out for more than a week. You're going to have to stay after school to complete the exams that you missed," My math teacher explained.

"I will." I responded and grabbed my backpack before walking out the classroom to find Roxanne.

"Hey, Rox." I greeted as we began walking with each other down the hallways.

"Hey, babe. How are you?" She asked.

"Eh, decent. Just a ton of shit going on. My nail, hair, and lash appointment is all today." I sighed.

"Same. Gotta look glam for tonight of course," She winked.

"Absolutely!" I replied.

"Also, are you wearing your engagement ring right now?" Roxanne asked.

"Yeah, I wear it everywhere, why?" I asked, raising my eyebrow as we came to a stop.

"I need to borrow it for a second, I'll give it back tonight. I promise."

"Okay, because I trust you, here." I took off my ring and gave it to her. "Don't lose it, Rox. I am really putting my trust in you."

"Girl, I know how much this means to you. I'd never do something bad to it or lose it." She responded.

"I gotta head to class, I'll see you later," I gave her a hug and began walking to class.

"Bye, hun!" She waved before speeding off in the opposite direction.

"Strange..." I mumbled and continued walking to class.

As soon as I entered class, I pulled out my computer and started catching up on all my missing work.

"Thank you so much!" I just finished my last beauty appointment today, which are my lashes. I paid the full amount plus a $100 tip being that she's been my lash tech consistently for two years.

"Of course girl, you're my fav client!" She smiled as I gave her one last hug before exiting her house.

I sat in my car and pulled my phone out my bag and dialed Alex's number as I haven't seen him in three days which is confusing because last time we talked, we left things off on a good note.

Voicemail.

"Weird."

I got to my place and started getting ready for Prom. I took off all my clothes and got into my robe before sitting at my vanity and beginning my makeup. I did a soft glam look and topped it off with my signature red matte lipstick with a bit of black lip liner outlined on my lips.

I called Alex once again because we're supposed to be matching for Prom but being that I haven't seen him in three days, I don't even know if he's aware that Prom is tonight.

Once again, voicemail.

At this point, I was concerned because Alex would never reject my calls or let it ring for so long without a good excuse or a text.