XXIV | GALA

XXIV | GALA

****

"AHHHHHHHH!" Roxanne cheered as I showed her my ring.

"Bestie, I'm trying to process this. You're getting engaged to Alex!? THE Alex Carter!?"

"It seems so. I haven't fully decided on my decision if I wanna go on with the marriage. I don't even know when the date is set." I got up from her bed and began putting on my shoes.

My hair was in a low bun, I had some lipgloss and mascara on, I wore black ripped jeans, converses, an orange crop top, and had my backpack.

This marriage thing seems confusing as fuck. Everything is going so fast, I just can't seem to process everything.

"Ready for the trip to hell?" I asked, grabbing my keys.

"It's hell for you, not me. Plus, you're the one who makes it hell for everyone, meanwhile I, stay in the principal's office." She winked as we walked out her front door and into my car.

Music played through the speakers while I drove us to school, with Roxanne fixing her makeup.

"My ex," I started, "He's back in town."

"He is!? You don't mean–"

"Yep, it's Blake. How did you know it was him anyways?" I raised my eyebrow curiously.

"Girl, everyone in the whole state knows about you. Not even the state, the world. Everyone already knows about your engagement, thanks to Mr. Carter. Even before the engagement, everyone knew you and your reputation. You're that bitch." She responded, putting on her lipgloss.

"As I should be," I smirked, "What is everyone gonna say when I show up to school?"

"I can't predict what come outta those bitches' mouths, so honestly, I don't know what to tell you. You just gotta go on with it. I doubt Alex will come to school, per usual." She answered.

"I guess. All this shitty drama has been spinning in my head." I sigh, parking into the school lot.

"Relax. You'll be fine! Dominique Carter can do anything!" Roxanne reassured as we're getting out the car.

"You did not." I deadpan as we began walking together to the school.

"Oh, yes I did." She smirked, putting on her sunglasses before entering hell.