XXXIII | Prom, Part One

XXXIII | Prom

******

TEN DAYS TILL PROM.

****

"I swear, this is a misunderstanding." I explain to the police officer as he put me back in the same jail cell.

I've been in here for the past five days. To put it this way– five mornings and four nights.

"Talk to the judge about that." The officer locked my cell and walked away.

"Fucking cunt," I curse, sitting down.

I haven't showered in two days and it's making me feel so gross, I can't last any longer.

"White girl," A black lady called that was in my cell, sitting on one of the chairs. "Whatchu in hea for?"

"I'm in for murder." Everyone in their cells, some with multiple people in them, gasped.

"Ooh lord, I didn't expect that one, hehe." The lady laughed.

"You killed your girlfriend or somethin?" A girl around my age asked in the opposite cell.

"I didn't kill anyone, they just put me in here because I could be a suspect." I respond.

"Girl that's a lie, they wouldn't keep you in here for three days if you were just a suspect," A girl chimed in.

"Right, there must've been something you did. Girl you do not want to go to prison after this." The lady in my cell spoke.

"I'm not scared, I just need to get out here quick because my prom is in a week and three days and I still don't even have my dress," I sighed.

"Prom!? Girl, I never even thought you'd be graduating college. I thought you were already having a job somewhere," The girl across me laughed.

"I'm graduating high school." Everyone gasped again in shock.

"How the fuck you packin' allat and you in high school?" A lady remarked, referring to my curves and the size of parts of my body.

"Shit, she got a whole lot more than me and I'm in my damn thirties," Someone snickered.

Being in jail for this long was scary. The people here terrified me and I didn't even wanna know what they were in here for.