XXV | Safety

XXV | Safety

****

"Dominique, did you know he was gonna be here?" Alex asked. You can hear the anger reeking from his tone.

"I swear I didn't, but he contacted me one time and that was i–"

"You knew he was in town and you didn't tell me!?" Alex removed his hand from around my waist.

"Alex, I was gonna tell you but–" He simply took a deep breath as he clenched his fist.

"Look, I can't be here doing this with you right now, so I'm going to simply walk away before I lose my shit." With that, he stormed away.

"What is wrong with you!?" I sort of yelled, trying not to grab attention.

"I haven't done anything wrong." Blake shrugged.

If I wasn't at this gala, they'd both be getting dragged right now. Actually, Blake would've already been in a coffin, but I wouldn't be the one laying him to rest.

Alex would.

"Blake, let's go." Stacy had a big smirk on her face. She knew exactly what she was doing. They turned in their tracks getting ready to leave but I stopped them.

"Security, I'd like these two escorted out immediately through the back door and use as much force as you can."

"What!?" She squealed, "You can't do that!" Stacy snapped as the security guards began taking Blake and Stacy out.

"This isn't over, babe. Don't worry, I'll see you very so– Fuck!" He got cut off by the security guard bringing his hand further up his back causing pain.

I could finally let out the breath I didn't even know I was holding and began looking for Alex.

where could he be?

I passed through people, saying excuse me over and over, finally reaching the halls and I found a bathroom on the right. It was locked.

"Can you please open the door?" I waited for a moment. No response.

"Alex, I know you're in there. I can smell the cigarette." I heard footsteps and finally he unlocked the door.

"What do you want?" He asked annoyed while holding a lit cigarette in his hand with smoke still escaping his lips.

"Move," I pushed him out the way and entered the bathroom.